Victory

1
It was race day. The day Elvira was waiting for since the beginning of this weekend. The free practices were essential to see how the car works and if it fits with the track, but it was more important for the team and the drivers than for the fans and audience. There weren't really fights on the track, and it wasn't exciting, Elvira thought. Sadly for Daniel, his practice came to an end after four rounds due to an engine failure, setting the fifteenth time: 1:35:061. He was 2.043 seconds behind Sebastian Vettel, who had the fastest lap. It was suspense if the team could rebuild and fix Daniel's engine on time for qualifying.

The qualification rounds were more interesting to watch, Q1 was alright, Q2 became more exciting, and Q3 was fire - at least, that was the perfect setting for this part by Elvira. After a good session, Daniel wasn't the fastest and only managed to get P6 - what wasn't bad at all, especially after what happened during the last practice. Sebastian managed to get the pole, his teammate Kimi P2, Mercedes's Valtteri P3, his teammate Lewis P4 and Daniel's teammate Max P5.

Elvira was happy with the results, she liked Sebastian, and she grants him the pole position, but it would have been better if Daniel started on P2 or even P1. But it doesn't say anything about the race results, does it? Anything could happen.

Sunday was her favourite day, it was race day. The day the drivers were ready to fight, lap after lap. This was more sensational than the other events of the weekend.

"Are you ready?" Elvira asked Daniel when she scanned her pass to enter the paddock.

"Yeah, the car was feeling good after qualy, so I am just going to give everything, and we will see where I end up," Daniel spoke. "Plus, you are my lucky charm, so it will be alright."

"Daniel," she said dramatically.

He snorted and lead her and Michael to the garage. His team had a short meeting before the preparations of the race began.

"But I like having you around. You should do that more often, visit me at races," he confessed.

She nodded. "I do like it a lot, especially because I have never been here. And I like it to be around you, it has been awhile. But work."

"We will figure that out. You can fly at the weekend and directly after the race fly back to Paris."

"You think it is free and fast?" She looked at him and raised her eyebrows. "I will tell you a secret: it certainly is not."

"Auch, you have ruined my dreams," he said sarcastically. She giggled. "Of course I know that," he said seriously. "I fly all the time."

"See, it is not possible in my schedule."

"But if we work on it and plan things around it, it will fit."

Elvira could hear how badly he wanted her next to his side at every race, and she liked it too, but it was impossible. "I'm sorry, but it isn't possible. Europe and Abu Dhabi are the only races it is possible - if it fits with work," she softly said. "But I will do my best to come as much as possible. We have already marked one," she cheered.

Daniel nodded and switched the subject - to prevent awkward silence. "Why isn't Blair here yet?"

"I told her to come later because I don't think she will like this part of the morning." And because she wanted to spend time with him. Alone.

Daniel smiled and nodded.

Everyone of Red Bull was in the garage for a small briefing from Christian, including Elvira. She had no idea what they were talking about, she didn't understand all the terms, but yet she was still there. She was in her own world while leaning against the wall, so she wasn't really listening. Her mind was thinking about the upcoming week, the meetings that were scheduled with the marketing team and the social media team, her forthcoming to-do list, more computer work and brainstorm sessions with the team. If she was honest, she wasn't looking forward to it. She considered this as a small holiday, even though she worked a few hours per day, but she needed a few weeks off and go to a place what was not Paris or nearby. Maybe she could go to Monaco for a few days, visiting Daniel, or to Switzerland because of the breathtaking views.