Ten years ago?

Elvira knocked on the door of the hotel room. The door opened, and she faced Michael. For a split second, she thought she was in the wrong room, but she heard Daniel's voice. "G' day," she greeted Michael.

"G' day," Michael said and stepped away from the door, so Elvira could enter the room. "How's it going?"

"I'm good, thanks. And you?" Elvira asked and placed the groceries bag on the ground.

"I'm fine," he smiled and sat back in the chair again.

Daniel let his eyes rest on the bag from the bed. "What have you bought? You know we have a restaurant and food downstairs, right?" He looked at Elvira, and he captured a massive smile on her face.

"Oops?" She teased. "No, it's not much; just water, some snacks and that's it." She sat down on the bed and shrugged. Elvira noticed Grace left. She looked at Daniel and smiled. Daniel shared the same smile with her. "Blair said hi, by the way."

"Thanks," he said.

"Anyway," Michael said awkwardly and got up. "I will see you tonight at dinner, I guess." Both Daniel and Elvira looked at him. "Cheers." Michael was smart enough to notice something was going on between the two; they both had some kind of glow. And he also was smart enough to know what kind of glow it was. After all those years, it finally happened.

"Cheers," Elvira replied.

"See ya," Daniel said.

Elvira deeply inhaled and laid next to Daniel on the bed. "I didn't ruin your time with Michael, right?"

Daniel frowned and shook his head. "No, of course not. Why?"

"I don't know."

"El, stop overthinking," he whispered and brought up his hand to her face. He stroked a piece of hair behind her ear. "There is really no need to do that."

"That is so easy to say, Dan," she smirked. "Welcome to my life, overthinking is a part of my life, unfortunately."

He pressed his lips into a thin line and gave her a long kiss on your lips. Everything felt so right, they both were regretting they didn't do this earlier. Daniel pulled back and locked his brown eyes with her light coloured eyes. "You're beautiful."

She leaned in and locked her lips with his. They both smiled. Elvira pulled back. "Your lips are so soft, I could kiss them all day," she whispered against his lips.

"Luckily for you, I'm your husband, and you have the rights to kiss them all day," he whispered back. "I don't mind to have your lips on mine."

"Hmm," she said and looked at him. She giggled and ran her hand through his curly hair.

It became silence between the two. They enjoyed each others company. Just him and her, saying next to each other and gazing in each other's eyes.

"I have a question," Elvira broke the silence. "Wow, that sounded so stupid," she smirked and bit on the inside of her cheek. Daniel nodded and looked questionable at her. "When was the moment you started to realise you loved me?"

His eyes widened, and he blew up his cheeks. "That is a deep one," he breathed. "You want the long or the short version?"

"I don't know what that suppose to mean, but long version. I have time to listen," she said and licked her lips.

"Alrighty," he said and turned on his back. "So remember we made rules when we were fourteen?" Elvira slowly nodded. "It was all fine and all because I never thought I would fall in love with you. I mean, I know you too well so I thought it would never happen. But then it happened, suddenly, out of nowhere."