Cheeky bastards

Wedding pt. 3

"Alright," Lukas said and stood up from his chair. Everyone around the dining table became quiet. After the official ceremony, everyone gathered around for the barbecue. "I don't know about you, but I got asked to have a small talk about Daniel and Elvira."

"I really thought I was the special and the only one to talk, damn it." Michael looked disappointed at Daniel and shook his head. His look got quickly changed into a smile, meaning it was sarcastic. A few more people laughed. "Damn it, Daniel."

"I'm sorry," Daniel smirked and laid his arm behind Elvira on the backrest of the stool she was sitting on.

Lukas looked at Elvira and smiled when a smile was on her face. "I speak on behalf of Elvira's family; pappa, mamma, Andy and me; Lukas," he introduced himself and his family. "When we heard about the plans they got, we didn't know if it was a joke or a serious thing. We watched Daniel and Elvira grow up, we watched how their friendship came alive and grew to the next level. Knowing them, especially Daniel, it couldn't be different than a joke. But we were wrong, they were serious; they made a new plan. And when we heard it all took place in less than a week... Man, I didn't know what to expect. We didn't expect much: maybe goon and dresses like bin bags. This wasn't probable, and we were not a fan of it, but all we wanted is to make it special. And I have to say; I'm impressed. I don't know about the rest of us, but I'm impressed. I never thought this would work out this perfectly. I'm a bit disappointed there wasn't a bachelor party, but you get away with it since this is planned amazing."

Elvira bit on the inside of her lip and smiled proudly. Her eyes felt on Daniel, who was smiling as well.

"This day is the most important days of your life and a day to remember. Dear El, Dan, we wish you much love, happiness, laughter, stupidity for the future and please don't let this be a mistake."

All eyes were first focused on Lukas, but when he finished, they faced Daniel and Elvira. They were both enjoying the moment. Daniel had taken off his jacket, his bow and had unbuttoned the first two buttons to make himself more comfortable. All the men did the same.

Lukas sat down next to Andy and Max, and Grace got up. Daniel bit his lips together and smiled.

Grace nervously smiled and scanned each face who was looking at her. "I'm Grace, Daniel's mum, and I will speak on behalf of his father, Joe, and his sister, Melissa." She found Daniel's eyes and Daniel slowly nodded to let her know she was doing fine. "When we first met Elvira, we knew she was a keeper. It was a winter afternoon, and you two were working on a school project with other kids. Elvira was the quietest of them all. I was watching you work and I was wondering how Daniel was holding up with you, you were quiet, a girl with few words, serious, smart...nothing like Daniel. A week later you got over for the second time, I heard Elvira laugh about something Daniel said, and after that, you made him laugh. Elvira was a shy girl, but she managed to stick around." Memories to that moment played in front of Daniel and Elvira's eyes. "It led to more meetups after school, birthday parties, barbies, holidays..." Grace smiled. "And actions, certain actions."

Daniel and Elvira immediately looked at each other and giggled, they knew precisely were Grace was talking about.

"When we heard they were gonna marry, all I could thinking was; 'are you serious?' Then I realised it was just a plan of the two kids. You two have done more stupid stuff, and it worked all out like it didn't even contain a plan or brains, so I assumed this would work out too."

Elvira tightened her jaw. "Oh, goodness," she mumbled embarrassed.

"Like the time you decided to cover the bathroom with shaving cream," Grace said. Daniel and Elvira tried to hide their smiles. "Or the day you two skipped school, got locked outside of our home, punched the window of our bedroom to get back in and somehow managed to replace the window," Grace told, still not impressed.