12.

"I am a thousand winds that blow,
I am the diamond glint on snow,
I am the sun on ripened grain,
I am the gentle autumn rain."

••••

A week later

"Kaaaiiiiiiii!!" I sing as I knock on his door.

He opens the door and sighs. "Seriously don't you have anything better to do?" He fakes annoyance.

I push him aside and get in his room. "Becca is out again with Lucas and I have completed all of my work too. So, no, I don't have anything better to do." I remove my shoes and plop on his bed.

The canvas which has been in his room for three days now is still work in progress. It's his monthly assignment. He returns to his seat in front of the canvas and grabs his paintbrush.

"You don't but I do. So sit silently." He orders and returns to his work.

I creep silently beside him and observe him. His hands move fluidly across the board. He just twists and turns and swirls the brush and beautiful figures come out on the canvas. It's magic really.

I keep quite for the next half an hour before I start getting bored.

"Kai." I call out softly. He ignores me. "I'm getting bored" I whine.

"So go back to your room. Or hang out with your other friends."

"Their interests and my interests seldom match." I complain.

"Read those novels that you love so much or watch those korean dramas you fangirl about everyday." He recommends, still working and not looking at me.

"Not in the mood. Please. Can we not do something fun?"

"No." He answers firmly.

I pout and stop trying.. for now. Instead I trace the patterns on the walls. My hand goes to the rose same as the one on my back. There are some intricate vines around it which enhances the beauty of the rose furthermore.

When I cover the vines with my hand, the rose looks incomplete.

"Hey can you do this again?" I ask, my focus completely on the rose.

He finally pays heed. "The rose?"

"The vines."

He nods. "Yes ofcourse. It's no big deal. Where do you want it?"

I turn to meet his eyes. "On my back. Around the rose. I just want to see how it looks."

He coughs a little. "Excuse me but.. what!?"

Embarrassment rolls over me like a blanket. "It's okay if you don't want to. I was just.. wondering. Continue with your work please."

He gets up from his seat very quickly causing the chair to fall. "No, no its not that I don't want to. I was surprised that's all." There is a pause. "So.. you wanna do it now?"

I nod.

"Okay.. I'll just grab some markers so that it'll last longer. You.. should lie down maybe?" He is very hesitant. Never thought the confident college boy who makes girls swoon would be like this.

I lie down on my stomach on his bed. It's a good thing I'm wearing my yellow crop top today.

He drags his chair closer to the bed. I feel the cool, slightly wet tip of the marker on my lower back which creates goosebumps on my skin.

His hands are light. It's like he thinks he'll draw out blood if he presses the marker with a little pressure.

I giggle a little and squirm when it tickles. He presses his other hand on my back to keep me in place.

His hand on my waist feels.. nice. More than nice. It's something else entirely. My breath rate slows.

I think he notices it too, this weird energy that is arising between us. He stop for a moment. A second later, his free hand's knuckles run smoothly on my back.

"Oh my god.." I say very softly. The words just flowed out of my mouth without the consent of my brain.

His hand stops immediately. "I'm sorry." What is he sorry for? It felt amazing.

"It's fine." I reply quickly.

"So about your tattoo.. did you get it in secret or did you ask for permission?" He asks while continuing with his work on my back.

"No one really objects to what I do in my house. That is because while my sisters were out making boyfriends and going to parties, I was stuck at home. Mom felt bad for me so she used to give me some money and told me to go into the city and do whatever I want, buy whatever I want." I answer.

"That's certainly a great benefit you got. My mom would totally freak out if I ever got one."

"Why?"

"She is Chinese. And she directly relates tattoos to American bad boy. She is traditional and kind of.. conservative."

"Your mom is Chinese!?" That's so cool. Having an Asian mom. I've always been fascinated by Asians.

"Yes." He chuckles sensing the fascination in my voice. "Where do you think the name Kai comes from?"

"You haven't inherited much from her have you?" I question.

"Pretty much nothing expect for my hairs. My brother on the other hand has inherited most of her." He tells. There is a pause. "So tell me how was life in a girl's school?" He asks after some time.

"Crazy. Everyday was filled with some or the other drama. The unity was on a complete different level. When we wanted to study, we did. When we didn't, we just simply closed our books and slept. All of us. The poor teacher was not able to do anything at all." I remember the good school days.

"Sounds entertaining. What about your friends from school then?"

"All went to different colleges. And remember, girls are fun but they are also the baddest of all. Though we used to have a lot of fun together, I seldom trusted any of them."

He laughs. "That's true. I am experienced. Realised after three bitchy girlfriends." After a small break he says, "It's done."

He straightens to examine his work and nods.

I sit up immediately. "Great. Now let's go." I hurriedly put on my shoes.

"Go where?" He asks raising a brow.

"Somewhere. I've got to show off this new addition to my tattoo."

Dysfunctional Loverजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें