20.

The darkest night produces the brightest stars.

••••

I pull away, still a little dazed from that dreamy kiss. But soon realisation hits me like a truck.

I kissed a boy. And that too in front of a lot of people. It takes everything in me to not bolt towards my room.

I bury my head in his chest, blushing furiously.

"You can run to back to your room." He whispers in my ear.

"Okay." And with this I'm off.

---------------------------------------------------

Date tomorrow?

Kai texts as soon as I shut the door and lean down against it. The foolish grin is refusing to leave my face now.

I have a boyfriend!

Yes!!!!!!!!!

I text back. But then I rethink. Isn't that a lot of exclamation marks? I won't look desperate will I?

The door is pushed open which throws me forward. "Ow."

"Oh!" Becca exclaims and helps me up. "Sorry." Then she pushes me away. "No wait. I am not sorry for anything. I left you alone for one evening. One evening and you took the entire dorm by storm. No that's an understatement. You took the entire college by storm!"

The silly giggle returns. "You heard?" Then I stop. "It hasn't even been half an hour yet."

"News travel fast, my friend." She replies with a shrug. Then she engulfs me in a tight hug. "I'm so happy for you Elena. You're finally expressing yourself."

I hug her back. We stay like this for sometimes before I push her away suddenly. "Be my teacher."

"What?"

"You heard me. Be my teacher. Teach me how to be a girlfriend. Wait a minute." I grab a notepad and pen from my desk. "Now tell me what all things I need to do."

At first, she tilts her head and looks at me as if she is figuring out a math problem. And then she cracks up. She starts laughing.

"Oh my god you're not kidding." She says between her laughs.

"Ofcourse I am not." I whine.

She tries to normalise herself. "Elena. Listen carefully. There is no guide to being a girlfriend. It doesn't exist."

I sulk. "You know me. I'll mess up if I don't go by the book. I'm weak in matters where emotions are involved."

She shakes her head. "You won't mess up." She sees that I'm not convinced. "Okay Elena I know you've read many romance books and you are addicted to kdramas so you're not completely clueless."

"I know.. I thought I would be a pro at this but reality is just so different."

She sighs and settles beside me. "Being in a relationship means being free Elena. You can do whatever you want to do without the fear of being judged. That's the beauty of relationship. And if that's not the case then that means the relationship is not fit for you."