22.

When someone cares for you more than you care for yourself, you know you are in good hands.

••••

The past fews days are now a blissful blur. Every moment spent with Elena is so precious, so exemplary. I don't remember being this carefree and happy for a long while.

She is someone who I never knew I needed so desperately. I cling to her like vine clings to its anchor. Like a baby, as she likes to say.

I guess it's the same for her too. She laughs more easily, smiles more often, and shows affection like she never has.

The first semester exams are fast approaching hence leading to us seeing fewer and fewer of each other. But I'm glad that our rooms are so close.

Whenever we both have reached the point where we couldn't take in one more word, we just go for a stroll. Doesn't matter the time, doesn't matter the place, what matters is the company of each other.

God I miss her so much already. A call won't hurt right?

She picks up after a little while.

"Kaito..." Her voice sounds extremely weak. This is so unlike her.

"Elena? Is something wrong?"

"No, I..." Is all she says before I hear a loud thud from her room.

Shit!

I rush to her room and barge in. Becca is nowhere in view. And Elena is... lying on the floor covered in blankets. It isn't even that cold.

I kneel down beside her, totally stressed. "Elena." I touch her forehead. It's warm but not hot enough for fever.

She removes my hand from her forehead and clutches it tightly, holding it to her chest. "It's not fever." She says. It seems even talking is difficult for her.

"Then what is it? You have to tell me to do something Elena. Should I call the infirmary nurse?"

She shakes her head and snuggles closer to me. "It's just period cramps. I'll be fine after 2 to 3 hours."

Her face scrunches up every few seconds and the hand holding mine looses it's grip every now and then. She is in so much pain.

"2 to 3 hours!? That's too much. I can't see you like this for another 10 minutes." God I wish I knew what to do.

She looks up at me and forces a smile. "Could you please help me.. back on the bed? I thought.. the floor would be warm and provide some relief but.."

I lift her up before she can complete and rest her on the bed. She closes her eyes and clutch the blankets tightly. There's no way she can fall asleep when she is so much in pain.

Chris. She would know what to do.

"Hey Kai." Chris greets in a hushed tone when she picks up. "I'm in a lecture right now.. is it something important?"

"Yes it is. Elena.. she is getting cramps and she is in so much pain and I don't know what to do, how to help and..."

"Oh no. She has it bad. Kai, listen, she may ask for sleeping pills when it gets worse but do not give her any. Do you understand me?"

Dysfunctional Loverजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें