Perfect Day

Today's a special day, and all the girls in Alpha Delta Pi at UCLA know it. That's why right this moment, as Jessica Moore goes about her morning routine, a very special card is being delivered to the house right this moment.

The girl on her bike makes her way to the sorority house, waving at all the boys on the front lawns of their frat houses.

Once she rides up the driveway, she parks her bike and walks in the grand steps and knocks on the door. The card is handed off to a sorority sister, who begins the process of getting every signature she can.

Of course, they all pause to sign the card for their good friend and President.

The sister starts with the fitness room, where the cheerleaders are practicing, moves to a sister in the treadmill, then moves onto the next room.

One sister stops her PDA with her boyfriend to sign.

The entire entertainment room stops to sign, and with that, the sister holding the card exits and hands it off to another sister, who then makes her way up the stairs.

This sister goes straight to the powder room, where many girls are dolling themselves up, but none of them are too busy to sign the card.

Once she's out of the room, she puts the card inside the decorated envelope, and hands it off to her two best friends, Charlie Bradbury and Cassie Robinson.

They both kiss the envelope for good luck, and carefully bend over to slide it under her door, both of them hoping that she loves it.

Meanwhile, Jess is on the phone talking to her long time boyfriend, Tyson Brady, or Brady as he likes to be called.

“Ooh, that restaurant is amazing! I heard Vince Vincente took the love of his life on their first date there. Oh, boy, I definitely gotta go shopping. Okay, see you tonight. Bye.”

Once she hangs up, Jess looks toward her closed door, and sees the card on the floor where it was slid under the door.

“Hello, what's this?” She wonders as she goes to pick it up. She opens the envelope and sees the beautiful custom made card, with a beautiful message.

“Good luck tonight. Brady and Jess forever. Aw, that's so cute!”

But then she opens it, and sees all the signatures from all her sisters, and she couldn't feel more loved.

Then, perhaps because she's feeling a little romantic, she turns to look at the photo of Brady on her nightstand and blows it a kiss.

Jess walks straight over to where Charlie and Cassie are talking by the pool, sneaks up and grabs them in a hug.

“You guys are the best! But I'm still not so sure it's gonna be tonight.”

Charlie protests, “You're kidding, right? He just met with his grandmother! You know you're getting the rock!”

Cassie adds, “Why else would she have flown in all the way from Newport? You really think she'd FedEx an engagement ring to save time?”

Jess really wants to believe it, so she asks, “Do you guys really think so?”

Charlie answers, “I seriously can't believe it! You're getting engaged!”

The three then proceed to squeal in unison at the thought.

But then Jess remembers, “Oh god. I am so gonna need your guys’ help picking out the perfect outfit.”

As Jess tries on different outfits, both Charlie and Cassie throw in their own advice.

“You so should go with the purple. It's the color of royalty.” Cassie tells Jess first.

But Charlie has her own opinion, “I don't get it. Why are you not at least considering your signature color?” She asks, holding up an adorable baby blue top to make her point.

Jess quickly points out, “Because it's the most important night of my life! He's getting down on one knee and asking me to marry him! I can't just wear whatever! I have to wear something that's really going to make it memorable!”

Behind them, a sales clerk pulls a dress off the sales rack as Jess continues to explain what she's looking for.

“I want to look exquisite. Maybe a touch bridal? But not so obvious he chickens out.”

The sales clerk whispers to the girl at the cash register, “Watch this. Ditzy blonde, platinum card. Big neon sign that says free money.” and pulls off the sales tag.

Then the clerk walks right up to Jess and asks her, “Have you thought about this one? We just got it in.”

Jess is definitely intrigued, “Oh, yes. This is interesting. Wait, is this actually low viscosity rayon?”

The clerk definitely wasn't expecting that, but she quickly recovers, “Uh, yes of course.”

Jess then asks, “And is that a half-loop top stitching I see on the hem?”

Thinking she's just made a sale, she smiles and tells her, “Absolutely. First of its kind.”

But clearly this woman has never met Jessica Moore, fashion major, because she hands the dress back and informs her,

“There's no way there's a half-loop top stitching on the hem of a low viscosity rayon dress. It would pucker. You also didn't just get it in. I saw it in Vogue two years ago. So if you're trying to sell me a dress that's not even worth full price, you're sadly mistaken.”

Charlie and Cassie just smile, always impressed when Jess puts someone in their place. Pissed, the clerk just walks away.

That fixed, Jess turns back to the mirror and informs the girls,

“Alright, ladies. This is it. 24 hours from now, I will be the future Mrs. Tyson Brady.”

Once again, the girls commence a squeal in unison.

This is definitely gonna be an incredible night to remember.