Serious

That night, when Brady finally arrives to whisk Jess away for the night, all the Alpha Delta Pis are ready for him.

Amy opens the door and moves to let him in. Brady walks down the hallway, already smiling as he looks up to see Jess making her way to him, slowly descending the staircase to show off her beautiful lavender dress, a perfect combination of the color of royalty and her signature color.

 Brady walks down the hallway, already smiling as he looks up to see Jess making her way to him, slowly descending the staircase to show off her beautiful lavender dress, a perfect combination of the color of royalty and her signature color

When Jess is finally right in front of him, Brady can only say, “Wow. You are so, so beautiful.”

Jess, smiling, responds, “You as well.” And leans in for a kiss.

Brady complies, but Jess can't help but notice that it doesn't last long, as he pulls away after only a few seconds and tells her, “What do you say we skedaddle?”

But Jess quickly puts it out of her mind, because she refuses to let anything get her down tonight.

While Brady heads straight for the door, Jess hangs back for a last minute spritz of perfume, as well as a quick minty breath spray, for luck.

And just like that, she's completely ready for her impending proposal.

Jess and Brady just talk about nonsensical stuff at their table and Jess can't seem to stop herself from gushing all over Brady, although she swears she's not like that at all.

“God, how do you ever manage to pull yourself away from the mirror with those perfect eyes?”

That actually makes Brady blush, “God, Jess, that's such a wonderful thing to say.”

If Jess didn't know better, she'd say that Brady looks more nervous than she is.

Then the waiter shows up to pour them both champagne, and that prompts her to tip her glass towards him,

“To us.”

Brady agrees, “To us “ and clinks his glass, but while Jess takes a sip, Brady doesn't even get his lips wet, instead choosing to sit it back down, clear his throat, and starts,

“Jess, one of the reasons I wanted to bring you here was because I wanted to talk about our future.”

So far so good. “And I'm completely open to anything you have to say.”

Brady smiles, “Good, good. And you know how much fun we've been having, right?”

Jess agrees, “Of course.”

“Well, Harvard is different. Medical school is a completely different universe, and I need to get my head on straight.”

Jess is completely supportive, “I completely understand.”

“My family has high expectations for me. Hell, I have high expectations for me. I mean, I plan to make a groundbreaking discovery in medicine."

Jess reminds him, “And you know I've always supported that, right?”