The laws

Zoë, Hayami and I watched the campers go by their business.
"At this rate, the campers will be completely destroyed by the monsters", Zoë said.

"Yeah", I mused, "poor things."

I tried putting up a tough and ruthless act up, bit I wanted nothing more than to help these innocent kids who had been forced into this world of pure destruction and greed.

"Have any of them even apologised to you?" Hayami asked.

I shook my head, "Nope. Their egos are as high as mount Olympus."

"I see you're enjoying yourself Perseus", a voice said. I turned to see Hestia sitting on a floating couch, smiling at us.

"Hello Lady Hestia", Zoë and I greeted. Hayami looked a little cautious. "Don't worry Hayami, she's kind and wise unlike the other Olympians." Hayami then teleported the four of us to our cabin.

"Lady Hestia", I said, "what about uncle Hades?"

She looked sad at the mention of Hades' name. "He rarely visits. He only comes to Olympians during important meetings and the two solstices despite having a throne on Olympus now."

"Why?",I asked. "After what happened to you, he's been weary of the Olympians. He is still an ally of Olympus though." I nodded sadly at this. I didn't want the Titans to fight Hades.

"Perseus, what is happening?" Hestia asked. "It's not possible for so many monsters and other ancient beings to simply appear. Who other than Gaia and Tartarus is behind this? There's no way those two would think about all this." I thought for a moment. Hestia was smart. She knew that none of this was a mere occurrence. It was a plan. I had a silent conversation with the other two about this. I'll do it, Hayami said.

"Hayami will explain", I said.

Hayami nodded and started to pace the room. "The Olympians are abusing their powers. They are being irresponsible. Beings of power are meant to maintain a balance in their realms." She continued, "The Primordials are beings who make up the very fabric of the universe. If even  one of them doesn't do their job, planets, realms and galaxies will fall. Even when Gaia rose the first two times, she did her job. It is our purpose. If we do not abide by the Laws of Existance, we will cease to exist."

Hestia nodded at this. "So even you are doing your job?"

Hayami smiled at that, "yes, my very existence keeps my domain alive. It tortures and punishes both evil and good. It is the law of the universe and existence. Balance must surpass all other domains. The Olympians have no such laws. The ancient laws set up by the Fates have already been broken countless times. The Primordial council has decided act on this. Other pantheons of other gods are kept in check but the Greek and Roman have lost their purpose the most. Chaos has decided that if you don't serve your purpose, you will be erased from existence. That is what is happening now. The Titans are back, the Giants are in Greece. The end of the Greek and Roman pantheons are inevitable unless you change your ways and follow your purpose."

I was awed by this. I'd never heard of the Laws of Existance and Law of the Universe to maintain Balance.

Hestia nodded, "We Olympians are getting carried away. I shall try to convince my family to do their job. May I speak about this with them?" She asked. "Of course", Hayami replied. Hestia smiled and disappeared in a column of flames.

"Hayami, did the Primordials give you permission to tell us this?" I asked.

Zoë joined me, "even mom has never told us this."

Hayami nodded, "Yes they did, the Titans were given their warning too in the golden age, before the gods took over."

I was awed, "you were there when all that happened?"

Hayami laughed, "No silly, I was born much later." We laughed.

I was truly happy that the gods had thrown me into Tartarus. I have now found a family for myself. One that would never turn it's back on me. I silently thanked the universe for this life.