Chapter 7 ~Loki is back

Scarlet glow of Wanda's psychic powers faded as Thor was consicious again. One hour was over already.
It was getting late so they quickly went for Avengers meeting.

When they reached the meeting hall,Tony asked
"Where were you lost?..... We've been waiting for an hour"

Thor and Wanda looked at each other,  then Thor told them the truth.
"Actually Wanda was reading Loki's mind. She sensed some negative aura so we were just examining ......"

"So what did you see". Nat questioned.

"We saw that Loki is mentally disturbed.....He needs encouragement to do good deeds"

"Hmmm......I hope your encouragement work on him,but now focus on the meeting". Said Cap.

The meeting was over in half an hour.
Wanda and Thor  were the only ones sitting in the meeting hall. Wanda asked
"Thor what did you see there, were you successful?"

"yes I was successful. I saw Loki. I think we all had hurted him a lot......We always underestimated him....... But I have apologized him. He said he will be coming soon".

"Hmm that's a good sign. May be Loki quits all these evil things"

"Of course he will. He needs our encouragement. You know although he tries to be cold hearted,he is very sensitive. "

He knew a lot about Loki for they had been together since childhood.

"Oh is that so, then I will definitely support him. Good night Thor".

Wanda greeted. Thor also wished her a good night with a polite pat on her shoulder.
Off they went to their bedrooms. Now Thor was looking towards Loki. Each memory was now running in front of Thor's eyes. He was really feeling bad for not realising the problems that had been sucking his brother for a long time.
Loki was very demotivated and broken from inside. He was still worried because Loki didn't gain consciousness till now.
KAs usual, he again sat beside Loki and rested his head on Lokis chest. There was no other sound in the room except for beeps of chest monitor and Loki's slow heartbeat vibrations that were barely reaching Thor's ears. He remained in that position for 10 minutes and then lifted his head up. He didn't feel like sleeping due to anxiety. He held Loki's hands firmly and kissed it and then started stroking it gently. Thor was looking at his brother with moist eyes

" Loki,darling, I am still waiting for you. come back. ".

He then kissed his brothers cheek and again apologised. When he loosened the hold of Loki's hand, he suddenly noticed that Loki's fingers slightly moved. He was astonished. He started staring at his brother with more attention. Now he saw Loki's eyelids twitching. It was true, Loki was trying to come back. He started moving his fingers and toes. Thor shouted

"Doctors, Stark, Cap".
Doctors reached in no time. Friday messaged Tony, and Steve. They also came to Thor's floor.
There they saw Loki was trying to move.His heart rate was increasing with every passing second.Doctors put the oxygen mask on his nose. Gradually Loki opened his eyes.
Thor cried in joy
"Loki Loki, you are back".

Tony and Steve were astonished too.

"My brother is back" Thor again shouted.

"Yes Thor. We are also happy for you" Said Tony smiling.

Loki was feeling week so doctor injected him a dose to make him feel better. Thor approached near.Loki grabbed hold of his hand. Loki looked Thor in such a manner, like he wanted to say something.Thor removed his oxygen mask so that he could speak.

"Brother"

Loki said in a very frail voice and gave a weak smile. Thor  helped Loki to sit adjusting the bed with the lever. Thor cupped his brother's cheeks .

"Yes brother, we need to talk"

It was a really touching moment for both brothers. Loki nodded agreeing to Thor and received a warm, tight hug from his big brother.Thor held Loki very much close to himself and he was crying in tears of joy, it had been a long time since he had showed this much affection to Loki. It was a long lasting hug. Loki loosened the hold first so that they could get apart. Although Thor was very happy, he noticed Loki wasn't. He still looked very sad and exhausted.

After everyone was gone and he and Loki were left  all alone. Thor worriedly asked what had happened to him but Loki lied that everything was alright.
Loki had realised that he couldn't use his magic due to the head injury but he was still trying to conceal it.

Soon, the agents of S. H. I. E. L. D came. They wanted to take Loki in their remand. All avengers agreed except for Thor. We wasn't ready. Nick Fury was constantly telling him the rules and regulations but Thor didn't care.

"Man of iron, cap why dont you tell them that I can't leave Loki alone "

But his words were replied by a defeated silence. Loki was in Thor's room and didn't knew what was happening. Then, the shield agents were in Thor's  room to arrest Loki but Thor could not see that his brother is  being hurt anymore, specially after seeing all the mental abuse he suffered till childhood.

One agent shot him with a tranquilizer and made him unconscious. Thor couldn't tolerate it. He beated each one of the agents hard. At last, the shield agents gave up.
They gave Loki's custody to The Avengers. Doctors gave injection an antidote to Loki. Loki opened his eyes. He weakly smiled at Thor as Thor was sitting beside him holding his delicate hand in his rough and warm ones. Thor gently stroked Loki's forehead giving him a soft and affectionate kiss. It was night. Thor thought that Loki would be hungry
and ordered some food for Loki. A bowl of vegetable soup alone with some salad was there. Thor started feeding Loki with the spoon ,when Loki asked

"Have you eaten something?"

"Ye...Yeah ....I've eaten" Thor said,hesistantly....Trying to avoid eye contact.

Loki narrowed his eyes and smirked.

"Liar....You lied to me....I am impressed"

"Hey,I am not lying... I've eaten
already" Thor said but his stomach growled for food. It was loud enough for Loki to hear. Now Loki narrowed his eyes at the blonde.

"Ehehehe......nice attempt, Thor but I can see through your lies..... Next time"
Thor tried to say some in his defence but Loki already picked up the spoon , scooped a piece of salad and feeded it to Thor and giggled.
"What a shame....the mighty Thor....brother of Loki.....can't even lie. "
Thor crossed his arms and made a sullen pout.

After the food finished, Thor tucked Loki in bed and slept.