Chapter Eleven: Fitnah (Part One)

IMPORTANT TO NOTE:

1) This is a heavy chapter which contains a lot of Quranic verses and terms pertaining to the Islamic faith so please read the glossary - the non-muslim readers  especially - before proceeding to the content so that you won't be confused.

2) Please read the author's note at the end. It's about women's rights in Islam. It's lengthy but necessary to understand the context of the story and it will answer any buzzing questions you may have.

To the non-muslims: if you've always been insanely curious about what actually goes on in the daily lives of muslims and the perspective of a muslim but never got around to asking a muslim or have never met one, look out for the inside scoop at the end.

To the muslims, pay attention to the lessons to be learned in this chapter. This isn't just a cute historical romance story. There are lessons to be learned from this -InsyaAllah.

3) This story gets a whole lot more spiritual, so if you aren't comfortable with reading it, then I'm okay if you decide to stop reading. But if you do continue, let me know your thoughts?

==========

Glossary:

1) 'Inalillahi wainna illaihi rajioon' is a phrase Muslims say when calamity, affliction or misfortune befalls them or upon hearing news that someone had deceased. We believe that God is the One who gives and takes. So when a calamity strikes a person (or persons); God is testing him (or the group).  This is actually a verse from the Quran; 2:155. Translation: Indeed to Allah we belong, and to Him indeed we shall return.

2) 'Pray before you are prayed upon' means pray your five daily obligatory prayers before your time is up. Whenever a muslim had passed on, other muslims (usually relatives and friends of deceased) performs a prayer called 'Salah Jenazah' for the deceased before the burial takes place. So the sentence literally means pray before your death.

3) Fitnah is an Arabic word and is an Islamic term. There are various meanings to it; it can stand for persecution [examples: slander, framed, malicious gossip, wrongly accused], temptation [the inclination to sin],  tumult and lastly, testing and trial of one's faith.

4) Later, you'll see this expression 'Ya Ummah of Muhammad'.

The first two words are Arabic/Islamic terms.

'Ya' means O!

'Ummah' means nation or community.

Meaning of this expression:

We believe that Prophet Muhammad Sallahu allayhim wassalam is the final messenger - Allah's messenger - sent to mankind to call people to Allah's religion . And so, 'Ya Ummah of Muhammad' refers to people who submits themselves to God (Allah) [i.e. muslims - the followers (nation) of Prophet Muhammad Sallahu allayhi wassalam. ]

=================

TRIBUTE:

To my dearest Kakak Spiderman, thank you so much for your continual support and helping me out with research. Really appreciate it heaps!  :D

Lots of love,

Your friendly neighbourhood Robina :)

(P.S. LET'S CONTINUE TO BE SUPERHEROES WITH BATWOMAN OK?! :D )

============

Bismillah hirahman Niraheem

In the Name of Allah, the Most Gracious, Most Merciful