Chapter 9: The Training

I woke up to a kiss on my forehead. It took a few seconds for me to register where it was coming from and who'd given it to me, but when I remembered what had happened last night, I opened my eyes gratefully to see Beckham laying next to me. I was still pressed up against him the same way I'd fallen asleep. He smiled at me.

        "Good morning." He greeted. His voice was raspy from just waking up. 

        "My prince has a sexy morning voice?" I snuggled deeper into his embrace. "Score." He chuckled and held me close, asking how I'd slept and if I needed anything. I hoped every morning would be like this from now on. 

        "So I was thinking," His chest rose and depleted when he spoke. "You could come train with me today." I jolted up with sudden awareness and peered at him with excitement. "That way you'll be able to check out the training grounds and more of the palace." 

        "Yes yes yes. Hallelujah! I get to wear sports attire today!" I jumped out of bed and rushed to the closet, instantly spotting a matching pair of leggings and sports bra. When I came out ready to go, Beckham gave me a look of disapproval. 

       "No way are you going outside in that." I crossed my arms in a challenge.

        "What's wrong with it?" 

        "At least put a shirt on?" I snatched a black form-fitting shirt from a hanger and tugged it on.

        "Awe, is my baby jealous?" He grabbed my waist and drew me to him, sneaking a squeeze at my buttocks. 

        "Yes, yes he is." He growled seductively. I slapped his hands away and rushed him to get changed. I didn't want to waste another second. When he finally came out in a black training shirt and sweatpants, I took his arm and started rushing towards the door. "Slow down, Bliss. We have to eat breakfast yet." I faced him. 

        "Breakfast is for the weak. Let's go!" My hand was yanked back and I was back in the position we were just in, Beckham's hands wrapped firmly around my waist. He leaned in close to my ear, making sure he sounded as commanding and sexy as possible.

        "That's an order, sweetheart. Not a question." My breath hitched at his sudden assertiveness. It was arousing.

Wait, when did I like that in any guy? I was independent. But around him... Jesus, I'd let him sweep me off my feet any day.

His hands ran up my back bringing my shirt with it, my hands planted firmly on his chest. His golden eyes speared into my soul. I felt like I'd just shit myself. My body felt numb. "You wouldn't want to disobey your commander, now would you dear?" He was close. Close enough to kiss him if I really wanted. I bit my lip. He placed his pointer finger under my chin and tipped up my face. "I thought I told you not to do that." Now it was my turn. I pushed him up against the wall next to the door and slid my hands up and down his chest and arms. 

        "Don't tell a future queen what to do, commander." I gazed seductively at him and stroked his bottom lip. "Are we clear?" He let out a fast breath as if he'd been holding it the whole conversation and nodded his head.

        "Crystal." 

        "Good." I swallowed a lump in my throat feeling like my mouth was suddenly dry, wiped off any wrinkles that could've been made during our encounter, then opened the door and headed for the kitchen.

        When we got there maids were buzzing around counters carrying pots, pans, and bags of fresh, garden picked food. I eyed up a sack of strawberries on the counter and licked my lips. My stomach growled in anticipation.