Chapter 14: The Meeting

Beckham was still asleep when I opened my eyes the next morning. I still cradled him close to me just like before. My eyes wavered open and then closed again. I'd gotten little to no sleep last night and it was going to bite me back in the ass today. I kissed the top of his head and stroked his cheek. The invisible stubble from yesterday had once again begun poking through his skin. It scratched my hand almost painfully, but I loved it. I rubbed his back and smiled.

        "Beck, wake up." He groaned and stirred a little before holding onto me tighter. "Baby, we gotta get up. It's almost noon. Everyone will be wondering where we are." 

        "Our wedding was yesterday, dear," He mumbled. "I'm sure they all know what went down last night and won't mind us sleeping in a little." The color drained from my face. I sure hope to god it wasn't that obvious that we'd made love last night.

        "And that's fine, but I need to lie in a different position then. My chest is falling asleep from you laying on it all night." He lifts his head and blinks at me sleepily. His mouth is upturned into a childish smile.

        'I can help with that." I roll my eyes and push him off me.

        "I don't think so. I'm still recovering from last night," I say as I turn onto my side. Beck cuddles me from behind and sneaks a grab at one of my boobs. "Hey! Still recovering, remember?" He kisses my neck. 

        "Yeah, I remember. But that doesn't mean I listened." 

        "Bad boy." 

<<<<<<>>>>>> 

        After trying to escape out of bed multiple times Beckham finally releases me. Before I was able to enter my closet he told me my first act of royal duty was today. I threw my head back and groaned. That means I have to dress up. Fortunately, I was able to find a rather business casual looking. The elbow-length sleeves and knee-length skirt would be perfect for a meeting, I thought and would look great with it, too. Since my hair was already in messy curls I decided to touch it up with a curling iron. At least the hairspray that was already in my hair would hold the curls longer. I admired Beckham's classy business look. A maroon dress shirt tucked into black dress pants. I stood tall as I walked next to him on our way to the private carriage. The meeting was being held in the City of Enchantment. I was going to be documented in the country history as princess of Aridonya, and soon to be the queen of it. While approaching the familiar carriage I recognized the conductor as the same man I stole the whip from. He must have noticed me, too, because he quickly hid away the harsh tool and looked back with a nervous smile. I heard the horses neigh with humor as they peered back at me with what looked to be smiles. I smiled as Beckham took my hand and helped me into the carriage, sneaking a small tap on my ass as I bent over to crawl through the door. 

        "Really?" I scolded with arched eyebrows after sitting down. I swung my left leg over the other and crossed my arms.

        "The temptation is too great, dear beloved," He counters as he closes the door behind him.'        

        "Suuure," I slur. He sits next to me, even though there are two booths across from each other, and rests his hand on my propped up leg. "So what exactly am I supposed to do at this meeting?" 

        "They ask you all sorts of different questions. 'Where are you from', 'what experience do you have', 'do you have any royal heritage', things like that." 

        "Um, okay, great. Except most of these questions don't seem like they'll be answered in my favor. I'm a commoner," I shrug my shoulder and look out the window. "Well, not anymore I guess, but you get the idea." He strokes my cheek with his hand and rests his forehead on the back of my neck.