Chapter 11: The Wedding (Part 1)

I woke up in the guest bedroom a few doors down from where Beck and I usually stayed. It was tradition to spend the night before the wedding away from your fiance. My eyes were barely open when I realized I was being shaken in my bed. When I tossed over to find who was doing it I found my mother with a bright expression on her face.

"Hurry now darling, today is the day!" I felt empty without the usual warmth of Beckham next to me. I was already missing my good morning kisses and cuddles. What's going to happen when he's gone for more than just a day? I didn't spend much longer in my thoughts before maids entered through the door and began setting up areas that were needed throughout the day. "The reception is at noon," My mother said as she threw open the window curtains. "And the ceremony will be at two." She glanced at her wristwatch. "And it's eight o'clock right now! Chop chop, Bliss!" I groaned as I headed to the bathroom just like my mother had told me to do the night before. She'd made sure to schedule everything accordingly: bath at eight, makeup and hair at nine, dressing at ten, and solo pictures of myself at eleven. I trudged my way to the bath, already hearing the water running from the castle helpers setting everything into place. I stripped off my pajamas and dipped my body into the soothing water. As I relaxed into the claw-footed bathtub, a young-looking girl pulled out a pallet of nail polish for me to choose from. Another quiet maid began lathering my hair with soap, gently massaging my scalp.

"I like the nude," I told her. She looked at me with a surprised expression.

"Really? Most women choose an exuberant color choice. Are you sure you want this one, ma'am?" I smiled at her.

"I'm sure. I'm not one that likes getting all gussied up if you know what I mean," I closed my eyes and my hand was lifted off the side of the bathtub. A cold cloth, with what I assumed was rubbing alcohol, was rubbed along my fingertips to clean my nails before application. "I like keeping it basic. Basic is beautiful."

"I couldn't agree with you more, princess." I sighed as another maid came to massage my feet and paint my toenails the same nude color. I'd only been pampered like this once in my lifetime. For my sixteenth birthday, my mother took me to the Hotspring Spa in town to get a mani-pedi and a message. And damn, did it feel good to have another one. As relaxing as this was, I knew it was going to be the most relaxed I would be all day. The rest of the hectic morning was yet to come. After being scrubbed raw with body exfoliating scrub and slathered with sweet-smelling lavender lotion, I was sent off to get my makeup done. My mom wanted me to go for a more dramatic look with blue eyeshadow and exotic eyelashes. I wanted to keep it simple and sweet with a regular nude tone. To satisfy her request, I compromised going with the bold eyelashes if I could go through with the nude eyeshadow, and thankfully, she obliged. I had to do the same thing with my hairstyle. I wanted regular curls while she wanted a sleek updo. I was really against having an updo hairstyle, but soon realized it was a better choice for my dress style since it was a high, lace neckline. So I decided to wear a curled updo with a beautiful barret to tie it all off. Next was the dress. I found it even more appealing in person. The sleeves were beautifully lined and I loved how it showed parts of my arms and torso through the bare parts. The skirt of the dress flowed perfectly. It wasn't too flat and wasn't too outgoing. At least I wasn't going to look like a cupcake. When mother went to zip up my dress, it was an extremely tight fit.

"Suck it in, Bliss!"

"I'm trying mom! Jesus, did you cut down the size on this thing?"

"Maybe just a little. It's a french dress darling, their shape is exquisite!"

"Well, women in France must have learned not to breathe." When we finally got it zipped and buttoned it was time for pictures. We went all around the castle from the royal gardens to the entry staircase to the ballroom. And when it had finally come time for me to walk down the aisle, I started freaking out. "Oh my gosh Love, what if I trip when I'm walking?" I asked as she flipped my veil over my face.