Chapter.3

Kennedy.

"So have you talked to your lil kisser yet?"Coby teased and I shook my head.

"No. I've actually been keeping my distance."I told him honestly.

King has been to our place a couple of times, and I've just stayed in my room the whole time he was there.

I just feel like if I give him the time of day, he's going to take advantage and I'm going to be the one hurt in the end.

"Why? I thought y'all were feelin' each other."He furrowed a brow.

"I just don't want to be hurt... you know?"

"Yea I get it Ken, I guess just do whatever you feel is right."He shrugged putting his arm around my shoulder.

We both walked into the crowded cafeteria.

"You want to sit outside? Me and some of the basketball boys sitting outside."

"Uh... yea sure why not."I gave him a small smile.

We both turned around and walked outside, where the outside tables were.

A couple of dudes were sitting down,and laughing amongst each other.

"Wassup niggas."Coby greeted as we approached them.

We both sat down and they engaged in their own conversation, and I pulled my phone out.

I was just scrolling on Instagram when I heard my name being yelled from across the parking lot.

"What the..."I mumbled to myself looking at King from across the parking lot walking towards us.

"Yo' is that King?"One of the boys asked looking at him.

"How you know King Kennedy?"This boy named Will asked.

"I don't...."I lied.

"You sho' ? Because he keep trying to get yo' attention."Another boy named Axon told me.

"Kennedy, you don't hear me callin' yo' name girl?"King eyed me.

"What you want?"I rolled my eyes at him.

"Girl don't play with me. Come hea'."He said sternly.

"Just go Ken..."Coby whispered to me. I huffed loudly and got up from the table.

I stomped over to him with a mug on my face. "What are you doing here Ja'Korian?"

"Man, you've been avoiding the fuck outta nigga. Why?"He crossed his arms.

"I don't have to talk to you everytime you come around Ja'Korian... You do know that right?"I remarked.

"Man..."He smirked licking his lips. "You need to quit playin' wimme Kennedy."

"You need to quit playin' wimme Kennedy."I mocked and he grabbed my arm.

"You think I'm jokin' withchu girl?"He looked at me seriously.

"Let me go."I snatched away from him. "I'm not about to be one of your lil pieces, you not about to run over me. I've worked way to hard to get where I'm at, and I be damn to let you ruin it for me."I snapped walking away.

"So that's it? You not even gone give me a chance?"He yelled out and I stopped dead in my tracks.

Oh lord, please forgive me. Because I'm about to be bold.

I turned back around and ran towards him. I reached up and connected my lips with his.

"I want you, I really do Ja'Korian. I just don't want to be hurt."I pouted as I pulled away.