Chapter 21

Jaxson's POV

I walk to the back room to get towels. I come back out to not see Lilly anymore. I quickly look into the pool and see her at the bottom with her beautiful brown hair floating up.

As fast as I can, I dive in and swim to the unconscious Lilly. Her eyes are closed and her mouth is open, breathing in water. Knowing I have to get her out fast, I swim back up with my limp mate in my arms. I break the surface and lift Lilly onto the side of the pool. I hoist myself onto the poolside and quickly check for a pulse.

Not hearing one, I start CPR and mouth to mouth. Pumping 100 beats per minutes, I mindlink Lana to come to the pool ASAP. I also mindlink my head tracker to come here and figure out who pushed her into the pool. I know she wouldn't try to swim.

Lana and Cara run in, finally changed, and look at a blue Lilly. Tears well up in their eyes while I keep pumping. I have to know CPR as an Alpha, you never know what could happen around you.

Lana takes over chest compressions, doing what she does best as a doctor.

After a long two minutes, Lilly coughs up a lot of water. She's gasping in loads of air, eyes closed and leaning back into my arms. I just hold her closely, hoping to get her body temperature up.

"E-everything... hurts," she slurs into my chest.

Lana ushers me to bring her to the pack hospital to get checked out. The trackers tell me they smelled Madison as the last person to be in the pool room. I tell them to also check the security footage to confirm that it was her who pushed Lilly.

With Lilly in my arms, we rush to pack hospital. "Stay awake, my love, we are almost there," I urge. She can't fall asleep in case she doesn't wake back up.

We reach the hospital room and I lay her down on the white bed. Lana gets Lilly set up on supplemental oxygen. Seeing my mate so weak hurts my heart.

I hold Lilly's small hand, until she is cleared to leave. She got some extra oxygen but she is on bed rest for a few days.

Picking Lilly up and making our to our room, I say bye to Lana and Cara who both stayed with Lilly.

Sitting Lilly on our bed, I question her, "What happened, little one? How did you get into the pool when you can't swim?"

"Mad-Madison pushed m-me! N-not my f-fault!" She cries, begging me to believe her.

"I believe you sweetheart, but I must punish Madison for hurting you. She has shown disrespect to you before and then trying to kill you is the last straw," I state, hoping not to get any backlash from her because I'm not changing my mind.

"Okay," she says simply.

"Okay? You're not mad?" I question, expecting her to be furious.

"No. She's a bitch." She says with a serious face.

My jaw drops. I can't believe she just said that.

"Sweetheart, where did you learn that word? You should never call someone that."

"Ohhh. My m-mom called m-me that... alllllll the t-time," she says, dragging out the 'L.'

"Well its a bad word, you should never use that word, but you are right. She is a bitch," I smirk slyly, chuckling at her face that lights up because I agreed with her.

After settling down, I help her lay down and tuck her in. "I'm going to banish her in front of the pack. Do you want to be there?"

"Y-yes, I sa-say bye."

"Okay, then I will wait until you wake up to banish her," I say, wanting to be patient, but eager to get Madison off pack lands.

"No, w-we go now," she says, getting up.

"Okay but you have to go directly back to bed after she's gone," reminding her that she is supposed to be on bed rest.

I mindlink Marcus to find Madison and detain her. I walk hand in hand with Lilly until we get to the stairs. Picking her up bridal style, I make my way down them. I mindlink to the whole pack to meet us outside at the stage.

Still carrying Lilly, I walk up the stage and Marcus walks up with Madison. Madison is glaring at Lilly and I growl, putting her into her place. She bares her neck in submission, yet still keeps glaring.

I let Lilly stand up for herself, and Lilly sticks out her tongue at Madison. Her face is full of fury, but I start speaking to the gathered pack. "Hello everyone, I have gathered you guys here today to banish Madison from the pack. Not only has she disrespected your Luna, but she tried to kill her by pushing her into the pool when she couldn't swim. I told everyone that if you hurt her, you will be banished. Lilly almost drowned, Madison's acts are unforgivable. Madison, anything you would like to say to your family before you leave?"

I give her a chance to say bye, because no one should leave their family without saying bye. Madison takes this chance to verbally attack my mate.

"I heard this slut say she couldn't swim, so the first chance I had, I did you all a favor, and pushed her in. She doesn't deserve to be Luna and she isn't worthy of your praise. She's a no good rogue who should of stayed away."
She says this with a huff, shifts, then runs away.

I hear Lilly yell, "Bye! See y-you never!"

I have Brett and his patrol members follow her off pack lands. She will not be allowed on these lands ever again. If I see her, I will throw her into the cells with the bloodthirsty rogues.

Brett mindlinks me that she is off pack lands so I dismiss everyone and bring Lilly back up to our room. I pass by Madison's family, they are crying. I hear her mom say to Lilly, "I'm so sorry my child did that to you. That is not how I raised her. I accept you as my Luna and will protect you with my life." I could hear the sincerity in her voice.

Lilly shyly says a quick thank you as I walk us to the Alpha's floor.

Sitting her on the bed, I turn back to the door to leave and do some pack work. I hear a shy whisper from behind me, "Could y-you stay with m-me?"

"Of course, my love. I would do anything for you." She blushes a bright red from my statement. I climb into bed and pull her into my chest. We get comfortable and before I fall asleep, I hear a quiet, "I love you," from my little mate.