Chapter 33

Jaxson's POV

I gathered the warriors who are coming with and we are preparing to leave. This is only a few hour trip so there isn't much to prepare. I have Nathan by my side, he promised me he will be with me every step of the way.

I checked with Alpha Calvin and we decided on an area to meet up at.

After about an hour of running, we meet up with Alpha Calvin and his warriors. He brought about 50 warriors and I brought around 125. We don't know how many rogues they have helping them.

Alpha Calvin leads me to the area he said he smelled the rogues at. There is a big warehouse, with painted concrete walls. It's in the woods, almost like they had a spot ready for when they took Lilly. There are rogues all surrounding the warehouse, who we will have to take down before we can get Lilly.

Alpha Calvin and I exchange a glance in our wolf forms and nod, linking our warriors to attack and distract while we rescue Lilly.

I will have Lilly in my arms by the time this is over.

Lilly's POV

I haven't been able to move since he came back and beat me until I heard a crack in one of my back bones. I try to wiggle toes, yet they don't move. I can't feel my legs anymore. I'm terrified.

I suddenly hear fighting going on outside the doors. Jaxson finally found me! The door burst open and I see Robert, Patricia, and Doctor Lindsay all come running. They close the door quickly and lock it tight.

Robert walks up to me, "Seems like your mate has found you, but he is in for a surprise."

I look at him confused? Does he mean how I can't move a muscle?

He sticks his arm straight into my chest, I can feel his hand on my heart. I feel my sternum break, and the excruciating pain that come with having your heart squeezed. The door is being slammed against, until it finally breaks. In walk two wolves, one being familiar. They both shift back and I see Jaxson and some guy with black hair and brown eyes.

Jaxson takes in the situation and his eyes widen. "No! You can't do this! You know what will happen if you kill her!" He yells, trying to talk Robert down from killing me.

"One move and I will rip her heart out," he states coldly.

All of a sudden I hear a loud bang and the grip on my heart loosens. Robert's hand falls out of my chest, and he crumbles to the ground. I can feel my chest healing, my wolf focusing her healing power on that area.

I look over to see Doctor Lindsay holding a gun. She shot my 'dad'? Everyone looks to her in confusion and shock. "What? I did all this for my sister, I don't care about him."

Getting out of their shock, Jaxson rushes over to me and the man starts fighting my 'mom,' Patricia. Doctor Lindsay sits the gun down and surrenders to the warriors that come rushing in. I see Nathan spit at her in disgust before tying her up.

Focusing back on Jaxson, I see him right in front of me, cupping my face. "Let's get you down from there," he says sadly. He moves to take the shackles off. When he does, he rushes over to me to catch me before I fall. He slowly lowers me to the ground, him kneeling so he can hold me.

The tears finally come rushing out of my eyes. "I can't feel my l-legs," I cry out, unable to imagine my life without walking.

"Hey, it's okay, we'll get you over to Lana and she will fix you right up, okay? I have faith in her, she can heal you. If she can't, we deal with that when the time comes. Everything will be okay," Jaxson states, tears in his eyes. He can feel my physical and emotional pain, and he cares about me. That is probably what is making him cry.

He gently picks me up and carries me to the exit. The guy from earlier quickly introduces himself to me, his name is Alpha Calvin Reed. He says sincerely, "I'm glad we could save you, Jaxson was very worried."

Saying a quiet thanks, we head home.

I just posted Alpha Calvin Reed's spin-off book, called Tender Love. Here is the  description:

Miles Eaton. A boy who has been verbally abused his whole life. He has always been too hyper for his own good. He has absolutely no filter. His big puppy eyes didn't do much to help him.

Calvin Reed. An Alpha who has been searching for his mate for 8 years. He goes to greet the new family in town, and meets his wild mate.

Can this angry Alpha provide a hyper boy with tender love?

I hope you choose to read it! I'm really excited to write it!