Chapter 26

Lilly's POV

My parents? "H-how?" I ask, looking at them in wonder.

"You were stolen from us as a child, you were almost one year old when you were taken. We were heart broken and looked for you all this time. We went searching around the world for you, meeting Alphas and their mates," my Dad explains.

"How did y-you know I would be m-mated to an A-Alpha?" I question, my head tilting.

"You have to be mated to an Alpha, because they are the only ones who have enough power to mark you. Once you guys fully mate, Alpha Jaxson will also be blessed by the Moon Goddess," my Mom explains.

There is one thing that I don't understand. "W-why didn't they just k-kill me? Why did t-they abuse me f-for all those y-years?"

"We had hope you were still alive because they can't kill you. If they kill you, they kill someone blessed by the Moon Goddess and that means they would never find peace. They would be tortured for all eternity. They stole you so they could put an end to our pack and take over. Now that you are mated to Alpha Jaxson, they are now targeting both of your packs," Dad answers, with a patient look on his face.

"Both of m-my packs? My old d-dad said that t-too..." I trail off, trying to make sense of what they mean.

"You are the rightful heir to the Royal Moon Pack, and now you are the Alpha Female to the Eclipse Pack. They are both your pack," Jaxson explains, with a proud smile on his face.

"H-how does that w-work?" I inquire, not knowing how I'm supposed to run two pack when I just learned about werewolves!

"We can talk about that later, but right now, I want to get to know my baby!" Isabelle exclaims excitedly. Both of my parents wrap me in a tight hug. I feel such a strong connection to these two, it's incredible.

When they let go, my dad says in a nostalgic voice, "This used to be your nursery. After you were taken from us, we never changed it. Your mother and I would come in here and hold one of your baby blankets. Your favorite one was stolen along with you."

"I had that b-blanket at the house! I miss it, it m-made me have s-strength when I had n-none," I remember the small blanket that I had back home, the only one of my belongings.

Jaxson reassures, "One day, we'll get it back. We checked your old house and no one was living there anymore, they probably left your things. After this trip we can go back and get it."

My Mom and Dad lead us out of the room and to a more comfortable sitting room. It's a massive and extravagant living room with fancy white couches and a large flat screen television.

Jaxson and I, hand in hand, sit down on the white couch. I'm scared to touch it, I feel like I would make it dirty.

"Tell us about yourself, Lilly. We missed so much of your life and we want to be here for the rest of it," my Dad says full of hope. I don't know where to start.

"Um... I don't k-know how old I am... I like Jaxson's eye color, and I've been a-abused my entire l-life. Not m-much else to k-know," I state very bluntly.

Shock appears on their faces, and tears in their eyes. They quickly hug me, trying to provide me with the parental comfort I've missed all my life. Not being able to hold myself together, I cry into their shoulders, letting out loud sobs.

After crying for a few minutes, I'm able to calm down. They held me the entire time I was crying, wanting me to know that they were finally here.

"You will be 18 years old in three weeks, that is when you will inherit the pack and become the Alpha," my Mom informs, pride clear in her eyes. "I'm so proud of you. You made it through everything life threw at you, and here you are, standing in front of us, a beautiful young woman."

Hearing that she is proud of me makes my eyes water. My Mom is proud of me and I've done nothing spectacular. Oh wait I have done something pretty awesome... "I can s-sing the ABC's! I learned t-that three w-weeks ago!"

My Mom and Dad send a quick look at each other and then smile back at me. "I'm so proud of you honey! Do you want to sing it for us?" My Dad asks, wanting to hear me sing.

I sing the ABC's and I don't even stutter at the last part. "Next time won't you sing with me!" I finish happily.

I hear a round of applause and see Jaxson, Mom, and Dad all clapping. I giggle bashfully, embarrassed at all the attention. Blushing red, Jaxson slowly leans over and pecks my lips, his feelings clear through the kiss. He is proud of me and how far I've come.

"That was amazing my little princess! You are so talented! What else did you learn?" My Mom asks curiously.

"I've l-learned how to read s-some words, and how to d-draw! I've learned alllllll the c-colors!" I exclaim, dragging out the 'L' gleefully. To prove my point, I say, "The couch is white and s-so is the c-castle!"

"Yes, they are both white! You are so smart! I can't wait to see your drawings!" my Dad says enthusiastically.

"She's really good! She drew a family portrait of my family and her! I have it hung up in my office," Jaxson smiles down at me and hugs me closer to him.

"Hey Lilly, we want to speak to Jaxson alone, do you want to hang out with our Beta? She is about Jaxson's age," my Dad suggests.

I agree and he calls the Beta in. She arrives and says, "Hi! Who are you? You are very pretty." I blush and say a quick thank you.

"This is our daughter, Lilly. We finally found her after all these years. We want to talk to her mate so can you keep Lilly company?"

"Yes! Of course, we will have so much fun! I'm Vanessa! Let's go push my brother in the pool and maybe give him hypothermia!" She yells loudly and pulls me along, giggling, to find her brother.

Jaxson's POV

"Is Lilly doing okay? After all the abuse she has been through, has she made it through it okay?" Her dad asks as soon as Lilly left with Vanessa.

"She's okay, she just has never been to school before so she hasn't learned what she needs to know to function in the world. I've been having someone teach her somethings but only basic stuff to start off with. She's practically in Kindergarten right now so we have to be patient with her," I explain softly, hoping they understand why. "We talked about everything she's been through before we came here so she has it out of her system. She is coping with my help but still has panic attacks when something reminds her of her old parents."

"We just want to be there for her, we want to help her in any way possible. We will be patient and understanding of her situation. The question is, will you guys be ready to take over when she turns 18?" Her mom asks, having doubts because of Lilly's state.

"I would be ready to step up and take care of two packs but I don't know about Lilly. She is new to this world and never learned about the human or werewolf world so you'd be throwing her into something she was never prepared for. My thought is put her through Alpha training and once she passes, she gets the title. But I would ask Lilly first because it is her who will become Alpha," I explain my opinion on the topic.

"Okay we'll ask Lilly and suggest what you said. How is it going to work with you running two packs?" Her dad questions the logic in running two packs two states away.

"Well we have 600 pack members, and they all have their own homes and pack house. Maybe if we build a large castle like this one in North Carolina, your pack could move with us?"

"We'll have to think about it, we just don't want to put stress on you and Lilly," he says, sincerity clear in his voice.

"One last question. What are your intentions with our daughter?"