Part 17

Y/N's pov
I waited not so patiently at my desk because Jake and Rosa were only about 5 minutes out. After the 5 longest minutes of my life I felt someone tap my shoulder. "Hey Y/N?" I got super excited, but when I turned around it was Jason, one of our uniform officers. "There are some people here for you." I nodded to him in thanks, and quickly ran towards the elevator with two people standing in front of it. "I'm so happy you guys are here! Come to my desk and we can compare notes." Jake and Rosa nodded as I lead them towards my desk. "What did you pick him up for?" Jake asked me, "Was it for something cool? Like drugs or taking hostages or-" I cut him off before he could get his hopes up. "I originally arrested him for stealing a kids bike, but after I met him, I added evading the police. It didn't make sense why he ran until now." Jake looked disappointed. "Can we interrogate him?" Rosa asked.
"I mean, go ahead. I would have to be in there with you because of protocol though." Rosa nodded.
Rosa's pov
We walked to the interrogation room and stepped inside. We had talked for a minute already about what strategy we're going to use.
"So, I heard Detective Y/N brought you in on some low level charges. We just arrived here from New York with some information that we feel you'll find interesting," I said. The perp tensed when I said they were from New York. Let's see what he's hiding.
"We can get you off these charges if you just give us the names of your accomplices. Tell us, and we'll make sure they go easy on you." Jake was trying to be scary, but he still just looked like a cereal mascot.
"I can't tell you what you need to know. He'll come for me. He'll come for all of us!" He was starting to look frantic now, so I looked to Jake since of objectively bad with emotions.
"Hey, it's okay. We'll make sure to keep you safe until all the people you give us are locked away in prison. Give us their names and they won't even be able to cross the border without us knowing." Richard liked the sounds of those words and was quick to give us the names we need to take down this entire operation.
  "Thank you, Mr. Jackson. We'll be in touch." He nodded as we exited the interrogation room. Perfect. Now to hunt down these suckers.
  "Great job guys!" Y/N greeted us as we left the room. We chatted for a bit before Jake and I headed to our hotel for the night.
  "Did you find something weird about how quickly that guy gave up the names?" Jake suddenly asked. I hadn't thought about that until now.
  "Not really. Did you have something in mind?" He thought for a moment before jumping to his feet to get to his laptop.
  "I have an idea! Give me a minute!" I watched as he typed on his laptop faster than ever. He must really think something's up. Wonder what it could be......

A/N
Love all the comments I'm getting from this story! I've never heard someone say 'aboot' before, but I hear 'eh' a lot at the end of questions. Like, 'the weathers great, eh?'