Sleeping makes you avoid looking like a tanuki

Disclaimer: I do not own One Piece or anything related to it except for my OC and unrelated plots in this. I also do not own any pictures.

______________________________________________________________________________

Entering the infirmary with a heavy breath and a hand on her chest, Shiki leaned back on the door to close.

Looking up to see a patched up, unconscious, breathing  Reika, hooked up to machines, Shiki let out a relieved yet heavy sigh as she  dragged over Law's swivel chair over to her friend's side.

Letting out a tired huff, Shiki sat herself down, the stress of everything finally taking its toll on her as she examined the state of her friend's condition, she was all bandaged up from what was visible.

Feeling that uncomfortable burning pain in her chest, Shiki scrunched up her face as she clutched her chest when it gave a squeezing pain to her heart before it conjure up another coughing fit. 

Wheezing into her palm where droplets of red liquid was sure to be there, Shiki ignored it, wiping it on her shirt and tiredly looked over to Reika with solemn gold eyes.

"... Reika..." she leaned her her head on the edge of the bed, facing towards her with closed eyes, "... I'm glad that you're alive." she whispered tiredly, letting out a relieved sigh.

________________________________________________________________________________

After Shiki left him alone in her room, Law stayed there with a blank mind for a while, trying to understand what he was told. And as his mind processed the thought, the dark his face went.

Law retreated to his room after, slamming his door close with such force.

Storming to his bed, he flopped down on the edge, burying his face into his hand while the other laid across his knee. Such news was ridiculous so far in this stage. The woman really is...!

The pirate captain let out a frustrated growl as Shiki's words echoed through his head.

A knock on his door snapped him out of his thoughts, letting out a curt "Come in", Leo popped his head into the room with a grin.

"Hey, Captain." he greeted, "Dinner is being served."

Law stared at him with a thoughtful narrowed stare, causing the blonde to fidget in his spot a bit nervously when he wasn't getting any response.

"C-Captain?" Leo nervously called out with a crooked grin at the angry looking glare he was receiving.

"Leo-ya."

He slightly jumped, straightening from the door as he properly entered the room, "Y-Yes?"

"What have Shiki-ya told you about the mark on her left hip?" he questioned, leaning on his chin on his seeped fingers.

Leo blinked at this, feeling himself breaking out into a light nervous sweat at what he was about to do, "With all due respect, Captain..." he took a breath, while Law was his Captain, Shiki would always have a high status to him and he wasn't going to disclose information about her even if she wouldn't care, "I think it would be best if Shiki told-"

"She told me everything." Law rudely interrupted, his eyes narrowing on the blonde who once worked under Shiki back when they were marines, "I'm questioning what you know about it." 

The blonde let that sink in, weighing out his options before deciding to give in, telling Law everything that Shiki had told him.

_______________________________________________________________________________