Entry #2

Hello guys! This is Hampyeol and I'm back.

So before anything else, let's have a brief talk about Youth Empowerment. Some people are already familiar with this. But for the sake of everybody, this is Youth Empowerment.

According to definitions.net, youth empowerment is attitudinal, structural, and cultural process whereby young people gain the ability, authority, and agency to make decisions and implement change in their own lives and the lives of other people, including youth and adults.

Youth empowerment is usually addressed as the gateway to intergenerational equity, civic engagement and democracy building.

Activities involved therein may focus on youth-led media, youth rights, youth councils, youth activism, youth involvement in community decision-making, and other methods.

This advocacy is used to strengthen the youth that they can have the courage to stand on their own and speak for themselves. And I wonder, if others can... why others can't?

There are different situations, circumstances which we don't know the youth is facing right now. And we'll tackle them one by one in next entries.

As a social media advocate, we must influence and encourage these kids because they are our country's hope. As what Whitney Houston sang in one of her songs.

"I believe that children are our future..."

Our future? But in some aspect, isn't it also us who stops them from doing things especially those things that they love? Hmmm... ironic.

"Teach them well and let them lead the way."

We elderly people should be the ones who teach the youth what is morally right and wrong but the sad reality is that, there are less fortunate and limit the kids in dreaming big. How can they learn and how can they show the way?

I may sound offensive to others but I do believe that parents must be good role models to their children and support them in the things their kids want to do and be open with each other.

"Trust is the foundation of everything."

Love lots, Hampyeol.