Ch. 20 Protected Always

I found myself falling into the memories as my magic did its best to defend and soothe the pain each memory brought to me.

I stood in the orphanage cleaning the windows I could barely reach. My three year old self doing everything she could to please the owner of the orphanage when a crack was heard. I spun around my blue eyes finding a wicked pair of blue ones staring back at me. I looked at the man in confusion as he spoke to the head of the orphanage.

"I will take her off your hands temporarily," he said to the owner before grabbing my arm roughly. I winced as he tightly gripped my arm. Fear pulsed through me as he pulled me close. The world spun and suddenly we weren't at the orphanage. Confusion filled me but I didn't get time to voice that before the Cruciatus Curse slammed against my body. As a child I didn't understand how this man could send a wave of agony with one word that didn't make any sense to me.

A cry escaped my body as I convulsed on the ground. I pleaded for relief that never came, for the slightest compassion that I wouldn't receive from anyone until much later in my life. Tears raced down my face as my body tried desperately to escape the pain.

"Please stop," I screamed out only for the agony to worsen. This torture continued until my small form finally slipped into unconsciousness. The curse may have stopped when I slipped into unconsciousness but the torture continued day after day. Each time Dumbledore threw the curse at me I felt closer to never waking again. My mind barely holding on as the pain pushed me to the edge. Dumbledore kept me in a dark room coming in whenever he wanted my pain.

"You deserve this," he snapped after every visit. I didn't know what I did but I pleaded for forgiveness from him. Forgiveness he never gave me. The last day of torture was the worst day. The blood soaked my clothes before he had even shifted to the Cruciatus Curse. Once the curse hit me it felt like something inside me broke and when I slipped into unconsciousness it felt different. Instead of darkness as far as the eye could see I felt warmth and saw a silver light. The light seemed to bring me comfort as I looked towards it. I followed the light instinctively. I continued to gaze at the light with wonder.

"Isabelle," a voice whispered as I crept towards the silver light. The one voice soon multiplied to thousands as I reached a hand out. The silvery light wound its way up my arm and into my body causing every inch of pain to fade from me.

"You are strong Isabelle. Death isn't the end for you Isabelle. You are one of us and you will not bend to this. We give you every drop of magic in our blood. Isabelle you will live because you are loved," were the last words I heard before I woke back in the orphanage. I looked at Dumbledore in panic before he took the memories away from me.

I jumped up as I looked at my body which had the silver magic oozing off me mixing with the murky black powers I had just unleashed. I withdrew the magic back into my body quickly to hide them. The ancestors had used their magic to save me. They had saved me after he had killed me. I got to my feet quickly before exiting my room. I needed to talk to Tom about this. I found Tom and my parents sitting in the living room. I could see their fear as I stepped into the room. They had felt my powers while I was unconscious.

"I died," I said softly as all eyes fell to me. My mother's eyes were filled with tears while my father stared at me with his mouth parted in shock. "The bond I have with the ancestors comes from the fact that I died in the cruelest manor possible. The ancestors refused to let me fall that way and this formed the bond," I said allowing some of the power to glide across my hand before fading from view once more.

"You what?" My mother gasped trying to hold back the tears in her eyes unable to picture me dead.

"Dumbledore tortured me extensively for two years until eventually I died from that torture. It was only a moment because the ancestors healed me and gave me access to their powers," I said firmly. My mother's face morphed from saddened to vengeful.

"He got off too easily with death," my mother spat out as I felt my magic reacting to her pain. My powers reached out to her trying to calm her. "Isabelle," she gasped her eyes finding mine. She could feel my magic and my emotions as the power washed over her. I gave her a loving smile.

"I may understand my magic now," I said softly as I pulled the magic back into my body. The magic all made sense and started to flow through me easily. My parents looked at me with wonder. No one had seen this level of power before. I smiled at my parents as they turned to Tom.

"What do we do now? Hogwarts won't meet her needs properly," my father asked as Tom looked over at me.

"We could try and teach her ourselves but even I don't fully comprehend what Miss Malfoy is capable of," Tom said to them.

"Then we will figure it out, together," I smirked before taking a seat on the couch. I allowed my magic to roam across my skin tossing silver magic around me out of boredom. My parents continued to speak with Tom about the next steps in his plan. Tom stared at me as I used the magic but focused on the discussion he was having with my parents.

"I have my name tabooed so when the boy is dumb enough to say it we will have him," Tom said as my father grinned.

"He always did love throwing your name about casually," my father said simply.

"But he has Granger with him so he may never," I trailed off as pain exploded in my chest. I gasped holding my chest while everyone rushed to me. My mother took my arm while Tom waved his wand trying to see what was wrong with me. "Bella." I whispered with a certainty in my body before my powers transported me to her. I saw her on the street in Diagon Alley with Andromeda standing over her. Andromeda had a vicious grin on her face as Bella's blood pooled beneath her.

"Not so fearless now huh!" Andromeda spat at her sister as I glared. Anger filled me fueling my magic.

"Hey!" I screamed causing Andromeda to send a Cruciatus curse my way. I dodged the spell before I released my power. She flew back as my silvery magic gripped her in rage. Her wand snapped as she crashed into a building shattering the window. My magic built about to lash out at her again but it didn't get a chance before a second Order member that I hadn't noticed apperated away with her. I wasted no time as I scrambled over to Bella. She was pale and had no heartbeat. Panic filled me as I looked at my broken Aunt. Tears raced down my face as a wave of energy pulsed out of me. The energy concentrated on Bella flowing into her. The cut across her chest began to close and soon her heart was beating again. I hadn't realized I was healing her until I heard her take a breath. I had pulled her from the brink of death using every inch of magic in my body to do so.

"Isabelle," she muttered sitting up as I swayed slightly. I put my hand on the ground to steady myself. I took a shaky breath before I spoke.

"I'm fine," I said looking into her dark eyes. "Are you okay?"

"I'm okay sweets. You shouldn't put yourself at risk so much for me," she stated as I put my free hand on my head fighting through the exhaustion. "How did you even know what was happening?"

"I felt you get hit. I think that my magic I healed you with stayed within you, in a sense linking us together. I can feel when you are seriously hurt," I said softly as she got up. She reached down helping me get to my feet gently. Her arm wrapped around my waist keeping me stable as I staggered.

"Let's get you home," she said softly before apperating us home.