Sick Day

Henry Jekyll woke up to find his eyes watering. Quickly wiping the tears away, he found he could not breathe through his nose. "Oh no."

Trying to sit up, he felt the world spin around him. Pushing himself to get out of bed, he looked to find he was alone in the bed. Putting a hand up to rub away the build up of tears again, he groaned in pain, as another wave of nausea hit. Pushing himself to the bathroom, he only had time to kneel before the disgusting bile came out. Retching, he felt a hand rub his back and a glass being shoved into his hand.

Robert sighed, looking down as his boyfriend sat there trying to catch his breath. "You're working yourself too hard, Henry."

Henry grabbed the glass from the other and rinsed. Grabbing a nearby towel, he wiped his mouth. "It's just a small cold."

"A small cold? Henry, I'm pretty sure this is more than just a small cold." Robert continued to rub Henry's back with one hand and took the glass with the other. He placed it on the counter and found, when he turned to Henry, that Edward Hyde had made an appearance.

"Remove you hand or I will rip it off and beat you to death with it." Hyde snarled, making himself go into a coughing fit, and then consequently, start vomiting again. "Fuck."

Robert sighed and grabbed a hair-tie off the counter. Trying his best, he smoothed the wild, blond hair as best he could into a ponytail. Hyde tried to swipe at his hand, growling.

"I thought I said to not fucking touch me." He wiped aggressively at his eyes, trying to wipe away the tears, but this just brought more of them out. "Shut up."

"I didn't say anything." Robert annoyed already, stated. Turning on the faucet, he filled the glass up again, handing it to the angry man.

"I don't care, shut up." Hyde, snatched the glass out of Lanyon's hand and rinsed. He pushed himself to his feet and tried to walk back to the bedroom. Not getting far, his shaking legs collapsed underneath him.

"If you would let me help you." Lanyon gave the back of Hyde's head a glare.

Hyde looked back with his own glare, tears streaming down his face. "I would rather be pecked to death by pigeons than let you help."

He cut himself off with another coughing fit, this time switching back to Henry. "Ow."

Henry's throat was sore from the force Hyde used to clear it. Robert quickly helped the brunette up and into the bedroom. "I'm sorry."

"There's nothing to be sorry about." Robert laid the other man down and felt his forehead with the back of his hand. "You're burning up. I'll be right back."

Returning, he found the blond man on his side, shivering. "I've brought medicine." Robert handed the plastic cup filled with cough medicine to Hyde.

"Don't expect a thank you." Hyde whispered, his voice croaky. He down every drop before making a face.

"I'm not. Get some sleep. I will be in to check on you shortly." Robert moved toward the door.

"Can you stay?" Turning around, Henry was looking at his boyfriend in pain.

"Of course." Robert walked back. Shifting to sit on the bed, he stroke Henry's hair softly.

"I love you." Henry mumbled, drifting off to sleep.

"I love you, too." Robert whispered, humming a lullaby for his sick boyfriend.