Date Night

Date night is very special for Henry and Robert, seeing when the sun goes down, Henry is no longer himself. Robert has come to terms that date night can only happen once, maybe twice, a month. Hyde didn't like giving up his time when he had his own plans for the night.

Shivering in the autumn air, Henry moved closer to Robert's side. They walked in silence through the park, enjoying the sound of birds and the city. Leafs crunched under their feet and a squirrel scurried past them, stopping only to curiously look at the two.

Robert let out a relaxed sigh. His right arm gently on Henry's hip. It was peaceful, Hyde seemed to have left them, not interested in watching them be all "lovey-dovey".

Henry leaned his head towards the other and gave a small kiss on the cheek, a blush creeping up on his face. Though they have been dating for quite a while, showing affection was still a bit awkward for them.

Robert smiled at the other, stopping at a bench. The evening was chilly and they planned on going to see a movie later. For right now, though, they would enjoy the sounds of nature together.

Sitting, the two watched the light fade, little by little. They have always enjoyed these small moments the most.

After the sun set and the stars shone through, Robert stood, offering Henry a hand. Henry, taking the other's hand, stood as well, thinking about how their hands fit together perfectly. Both men wandered back to Robert's car (a silver Prius).

Robert drove them to the local theater. Getting out, he opened the door for his boyfriend. They walked into the crowded building.

———

Sitting at the small table at home, they ate garlic pasta, made by Henry. Robert praised Henry on how it turned out.

Not bothering to clean up right now, they moved to the couch, watching anything interesting on the tv. It was late and they would end up falling asleep on the couch like usual.