The Naked Truth

Bolting downstairs in the nude isn't ideal.

Neither is having the phone stuck to your sweaty palms.

Elle breathlessly catches up and throws him down his shorts, which he slips on as fast as he can:

"Stay up there!" He yells back.

"Why?"

"Things might get messy."

She groans. "Why can't I see it?"

"Ye might get dragged inta it," he sighs, "an' ye seem genuinely cool."

"Fine." She relents, backing into the bedroom and closing the door behind her.

"Ye better bring back a souvenir" are the last words she mutters as he disappears back downstairs, where pretty much everyone has now left.

It seems like Edgar's about to pack up after this song.

The stench of sweat, weed and alcohol isn't taking over the atmosphere either. Feeling dizzy, Sad Boy falls onto the sofa again.

Blinking his eyes, everything becomes blurry. The sounds are beginning to muffle themselves into a bassy mess. One stands out. A higher pitched voice yelling 'SAD BOY?!'

"Aye?" He responds. "Hello?"

A hand reaches across the sofa and rips him up. Darren. Again. "Donny's been taken hostage."

An eerie silence washes over him. Pausing on the spot, everything feels surreal. He doesn't really know how to process everything. "Huh?"

"They got him when he was outside and dragged him through the back down to the basement."

"... Did anyone see 'em?"

Darren shrugs. "We should try and solve this before it's too late."

Darren drags him across the floor with all his strength. Sad Boy moves along with him but he feels seasick. Pausing on the spot again, he leans down to a free space on the wooden floor and vomits on the spot.

Red liquid comes from his mouth. He's had too much sangria—or Spanish Kool Aid as Donny calls it. Darren sighs:

"How much drink have ye had, Mate?"

"No idea." He responds. "Enough."

"Like a whole jug of sangria?"

"I had some before we left too." Sad Boy adds. "What are we doin' 'bout t' mess?"

"We can worry about this later."

"Why?"

Darren raises his eyebrows and secures the knife in his belt holder as tightly as he can. "Donny?"

"Oh aye, we have ta save Donny."