Chapter 8

Monday:

Anaira got up and stopped the alarm clock that was ringing non stop. It was 7 in the morning and she missed her mom. She got up from the bed and did her morning chores and made a cup of coffee for herself.

After drinking the coffee, she took a quick shower and got ready for office. She ate cereals for her breakfast and left for work.

She still had not been able to complete the assignment. She could have submitted it as it is. But she didn't want Aditya to point out any mistakes in it. She wanted everything to be perfect to her satisfaction.

She reached office and saw Simran in the break out area. She was talking to someone and was deep into the conversation. Anaira didn't want to disturb her so she went straight to her desk.

Simran came a while later and asked Anaira "Hey! When did you come?"

"Just now. How was your weekend?" Anaira asked.

"It was okay, I guess. I went out yesterday with my friends. You have to join us next time and no excuses, okay?" she asked Anaira.

"Definitely!" Anaira replied.

Simran observed that Anaira was looking tensed and asked her "How did your assignment turn out to be? Are you done with it?"

Anaira sighed and replied "No Simran, I have to give few final touches."

"But you won't have much time today. There are meetings lined up for the whole day. When are you planning to submit it?" Simran asked.

"I'll work on it in the evening and submit it. Anyways boss will always be there at office till late in the night." Anaira replied.

The day went by in a blur and it was 5.30 in the evening when Anaira was done with all the work. She then started working on her assignment to give few final touches.

Whole day she could sense that Aditya had been observing her. Infact Adi was waiting whole day that she would come and submit the assignment. He didn't want to ask her himself, so he kept his silence.

It was 8.30 in the evening when Anaira was done with the assignment. She got to up walk towards Aditya's cabin to submit it only to find the cabin empty and lights were off.

'Where did he go?' she wondered.

She immediately called his number. Simran had given her Aditya's number.

Aditya's phone flashed and he could see Anaira's name popping up on the screen. It was from Truecaller. 😜

He had left office around 8 PM and he had seen Anaira still working that time. Now he thought that she might have called only to get extension for submitting the assignment.

"Hello?" he spoke.

"Hi, Anaira here." Anu replied.

"What do you want?" he asked.

There was silence. "You haven't completed the assignment, have you? Now you're calling me to extend the deadline. But it's not gonna happen." he said

"I'm done with the assignment." Anaira replied.

He was surprised and a bit embarrassed too.

"Can I email it to you?" she asked.

"No, I want you to explain your findings. I don't have time to sit and read it." he replied.

"Okay. Shall I take you through the points tomorrow?" she asked.

"Let me remind you that the deadline is today. I want you to do it today." he said strictly.