Chapter 25

Chapter 25:

Anaira was at the office working on few things that she needed to complete before she left. She was handing over things to one of her colleagues who was going to take her place while she was going to work in Mumbai.

Her dad asked her go to his cabin. When Anaira went there, she was surprised to see Aditya's dad sitting there talking to her dad.

She greeted them and sat in the chair next to Aditya's dad.

"Anaira beta, I heard from your dad that you're going to stay in a hotel when you come to Mumbai." he said.

"Yes uncle. Rishi is using the apartment for his startup. We didn't want to ask them to vacate all of a sudden. I will look for a flat once I reach there." she said.

"But did you guys forget that we stay in the same city? How can I let you stay in a hotel when you can always stay in our house?" he asked.

"No uncle, its fine. I can manage at a hotel for few days. I willl look for an apartment as soon as I get there." Anaira told him. The last thing she wanted to do was to stay in Aditya's house.

"Anaira, I actually wanted you to stay at our house last time itself. But since the situation was different last time, I couldn't suggest that. But this time everyone at the office knows who you are. There is no problem now. And most importantly, I will be very happy if you stayed at our house. Atleast you can stay until you get an apartment." Aditya's dad told her.

After trying for sometime to escape the situation, Anaira gave up finally. Aditya's dad insisted so much that she couldn't give any more reasons.

"Aditya has been staying away most of the time, he will be back next month. My wife would be happy to have you. She's been worried about Aditya a lot these days. You staying with us will make her really happy." he said.

Anaira was in a fix now, she didn't know what to do. She decided that she'll go with the flow. One good thing about this situation was Aditya being away. 'If he's going to come next month, I can find a place and move out by then.' Anaira thought.

Finally it was the day Anaira was leaving for Mumbai. "Anu, take care of yourself. Call me everyday and don't skip meals. And when you come back I don't want to hear that you're still not ready for marriage." her mom told her.

"Okay mom, I won't." Anaira replied. She didn't want to argue with her mom before she left.

"Anu, be strong and come back soon." Sneha told her.

"Yes bhabhi, you take care of yourself and the little one." Anaira told hugging her.

She hugged her dad and said bye to him as well.

Anuj was dropping her to the airport. When she was in car, she got a call from Aditya's dad.

"Anaira beta, my driver will be picking you up from the airport. I will send you his number. Give him a call once you reach the airport." he said.

"Sure uncle." Anaira told him.

"Anu, I'm sorry you had to take this up instead of me. Always know that I'm just a phone call away." Anuj told her.

"Bhai, please don't say sorry. You need to take care of bhabhi more than anything now. I will be fine, don't worry." Anaira told him.

Anaira boarded the plane and reached Mumbai airport. She called the driver and reached the parking place where he said he was waiting. Soon Anaira reached Aditya's house.

Aditya's dad had a meeting and hence he couldn't pick her up. Anaira felt a bit awkward coming to this house. This house might remind her a lot about the person whom she wanted to avoid, she thought.