Chapter 17

Chapter 17:

The next few days were a complete bliss for both Aditya and Anaira. They were slowly getting to know each other. None of them were in a hurry to give a name to the relationship that they had. It was more like a friendship but a bit more than that.

Anaira had many times thought about the scenario where a guy would propose to her. She had never excepted anything out of the world. The confession that Aditya had made in front of her was simple.

The real life confessions are always simple, nothing like in the movies. That is how it is. No drama, no exaggeration just simple plain feelings that is all is required.

Anaira had few times thought of telling Aditya about their fathers being friends and how she had got the internship. But she thought she would tell him at a later time and stopped overthinking about it.

Aditya had started being nice to her, really nice infact. It used to surprise Anaira at times but she was getting used to it slowly. They had made some progress, they had started holding hands when they went out. How romantic, right?!!!

One Saturday after their tutoring session, Aditya had asked Anaira if she would like to go out for dinner with him. They had gone to a restaurant which was apparently Aditya's favorite in town. That was the first time they had gone out together after their confession.

Anaira had two more months to finish her internship. She was feeling anxious day by day, keeping her identity from him was difficult. He had asked few times about her parents and family and she had given the information without revealing much.

When they had gone to the beach one Sunday evening, Aditya had held her hand interlocking their fingers, for the first time. He had looked at her eyes asking if she has any objection, but her eyes replied she's okay with it. He hadn't left her hand that whole evening!!

These little baby steps they were taking in their relationship used to make Anaira's heart swell with joy. It was all new to her. She had never been in a relationship before.

They had hidden this from Simran and Nishant. She had to tell lies to Simran several times to spend time with Aditya and she was really bad at lying.

It was one such day where Aditya had asked her to wait for him after the office hours. Simran had come and asked her to leave. They used to leave together sometimes. Usually she would inform Simran that she is staying back to complete some work. But today Anaira and Simran had planned to go out and eat the famous Mumbai street food. Aditya had asked her to stay back at the last moment and she was helpless now.

"Anu, chalo let's go." Simran said.

Anaira had even packed her laptop and can't even say she has some work now. She took her bag and got ready to leave. She sent a message to Aditya.

Anaira: Can't stay back now. I have plans with Simran and can't even give her any excsues.

They got ready leave and at the same time Aditya interrupted them.

"Hi Simran, you guys leaving?" he asked.

"We were about to leave. Any problem?" Simran asked.

"Yes. I need Anaira!!! ... to stay back. There's some work." he said.

"Actually we had plans today. Can that be done tomorrow? If that's okay." Simran asked him. Anaira just stood there not knowing what to say.

"It's a bit urgent. I wouldn't have asked otherwise." he said.

"Okay. I will help you too so that we can finish it soon and then we will leave." Simran said. Now they were in tight spot.

"No Simran, why do you want to stay back because of me? You leave. We will go some other time." Anaira spoke now.