Chapter 31

Chapter 31:

Anaira sat down on the floor on her balcony looking at the night sky. The cold wind made her flinch a little. She felt lonely and missed her family.

She remembered the conversation that she had with Simran after Aditya's birthday.

"Anu, are you alright? Did he say something hurtful again?" Simran had asked her.

"No, it really was something about work." Anaira lied to her.

"What have you thought about this whole situation?" Simran asked her again. Anaira didn't understand what she was asking about. She looked at her with a questioning gaze.

"I'm asking about Aditya. How long are you going to suffer like this? You can't be like this forever. You have to move on Anaira and you have to forget about him completely." Simran explained her.

"I know Simran and I'm trying." Anaira told her. She herself wasn't convinced with her answer.

The relationship that she shared with Aditya was one of it's kind. She had never experienced all that before. It was her first relationship, first love and first of many other things that she had felt with him.

She never had an experience with all this. She didn't know how to heal her broken heart and move on. How can she forget all that and get married to someone else? These thoughts were giving her a headache.

"It might be difficult, but please let go of his thoughts. It's only going to hurt you more if you hold onto them. He's not worth the pain and misery that you're going through Anu. You deserve better than this." Simran had told her that day.

Anaira had just nodded her head at that. She herself didn't know what she was going to do then how can she explain it to Simran?!

Maybe if he gets married to Nia, she can forget him. That's what she had thought. Her heart or mind would never allow her to think about someone else's husband that way, she knew that much about herself. She hoped that he gets married soon.

But what came as a shocker was a phone call from Aditya's mom. She sounded upset over the call. She asked Anaira to meet her.

When Anaira met her, Aditya's mom looked dull and she knew something was bothering her. But she wasn't telling her anything.

They had met at the mall and did some shopping. When they sat in the restaurant to have food, Aditya's mom had opened up to her when Anaira asked her repeatedly what's bothering her.

"It's Adi. I don't know what to do with him." she told her.

"What happened auntie? Is he alright?" Anaira asked her hoping he's fine.

"He's told Nia that he can't get married to her." Aditya's mom told her.

"What? But why?" Anaira asked her. She was shocked. Why does he not want to marry Nia? She's a nice girl, she thought.

"I don't know. All he ever tells is that he's not ready for a marriage. I asked him if he has a girlfriend, he says no to that as well. I don't know what's going through his mind." Aditya's mom told in a defeated tone. She couldn't understand her son anymore.

Anaira didn't know what to say "Auntie please stop worrying so much, it's not good for you. Everything will be fine." she tried consoling her.

"I was really embarrassed in front of Nia's parents. I don't know how to face them anymore." Aditya's mom told her.

"They will understand. And they know that it's not your fault auntie. Please stop thinking about all that. Let's have food now, it's getting cold." Anaira told her.