London Pt. II

"Hey! HEY!"

You groaned and turned to see Peter striding down the hallway towards your room, an angry look on his face and a hesitant but indifferent MJ following behind.

"What, Peter? Keep your voice down," you hissed, turning the key and pushing the door open as the couple followed behind.

"What were you doing in a car with Nick Fury?" Peter asked, "I thought you hated that guy and refused to work with him."

You shrugged, "I just wanted some more information on what happened with Mysterio."

"And that took you all day?" Peter asked, hands now on his hips. "You were gone for ages."

"Are you feeling better?" MJ asked.

"She was never feeling sick," Peter scoffed, "She just needed an excuse to go off with Fury and what? Exactly?"

You huffed. "It's none of your business!"

"It's not of my -!" Peter actually laughed as MJ looked a bit nervous and you simply stared at Peter, unaffected.

"We're partners," Peter seethed. "You nearly wrung my neck for working with Nick Fury when you had knowledge of it. Imagine how I feel now knowing that you were working with him behind my back!"

"You're right. I'm sorry," you said simply, catching Peter slightly off guard, "Now I'm tired and I don't want to fight. Can I just go to bed, please?"

"Tell me what happened first," Peter demanded. "We both know you're not going to sleep."

"What are you going to do? Call Stephen in on me?" you challenged, stepping forward as Peter tightened his jaw.

"Were you able to find out what you were looking for?" MJ asked, breaking the challenging gaze you and Peter had locked yourselves into.

You looked away from Peter and past MJ, who was unpacking some of her things in preparation for bed.

"From what I can tell, Mysterio is off the radar," you informed them. "But he's definitely going to be back soon. They've set up a ghost tracking system that can catch odd singularities in weather patterns, so if he's coming close this way, we'll know."

MJ nodded and looked to Peter who was still silent.

"You're mad at me," you spoke up, regarding Peter's rigid form.

"Of course I'm mad at you," Peter spit as he sat down and ran his hands through his hair, clearly frustrated.

"I just ..." you sat down on your bed opposite him, giving him your space. "I didn't want you involved with S.H.I.E.L.D. anymore. My dad never wanted you working with them and I wanted to honor that."

"Well your dad isn't here," Peter spoke, clearly tired but with a bit of an edge. "And something tells me that if Mr. Stark didn't want me working with Fury, then he sure as hell didn't want you working with him either."

The subject was dropped as you grabbed your laptop, headphones and your phone, shrugging slightly.

"Then I guess that's something we'll never know."

"Where are you go -"

"To work," you cut Peter off before closing the door behind you.

Peter's senses went off just in time for him to catch the book that MJ had thrown at his head, a frustrated look on her face as he stared at her incredulously.

"Were you going to hit me with this?" he asked.

"I'm so sick of this," MJ shook her head, "You and Y/N were always on the same wavelength and worked together so fluidly. You've been bickering and fighting since the trip started and it's getting absolutely ridiculous. If you two would just pull your heads out of your asses long enough to apologize to one another and listen to what the other has to say then Mysterio wouldn't be off somewhere doing God knows what, but you'd have easily captured him by now."