05, building tension

━━━━ ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ━━━━

━━━━ ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ━━━━

''PARKER!''

''Yes, sir?''

''That thing is going to be here in a few hours, are we boring you?'' Nick Fury's agitated voice echoed through the room. Alex looked towards Peter next to her as she watched the brunette-haired boy snap out of his stupor. They were currently at the debrief station after Fury had kidnapped the teens out of their hotel room not long ago. Fury looked at him like how a mother regarded a child, and Alex wondered if he had sent a look to anyone before.

''He's not bored, he's just thinking about how you kidnapped him,'' Beck commented from the opposite of the room from Fury, Dimitri, and Maria. ''Look at them, they clearly don't like the fact that they were brought here against their will,'' Alex raised an eyebrow towards the man. Alex tried to fight off the tiredness that lingered on her body while Peter were distracted. ''They had obstacles, I removed them,'' Fury responded.

''And they still won't evacuate the city,'' Maria reported as she turns away from a monitor she'd been observing, placing an impatient hand on her hip. The man sighs with a roll of his eye before he continued. ''Idiots,'' He shakes his head before he turned towards the two teenagers. ''So, what's the plan?'' Mr. Beck asked them. ''I will be in the cathedral tower, keeping watch for the fire monster,'' Peter replied.

''I'm assigned to the actuion house,'' Alex added as Mr. Beck nodded.

''So, I will be at the National tower,'' He commented.

''When it appears, we'll radio you guys, and then we'll move in with Mr. Beck-''

''My name's Mysterio,'' He interrupts as he cracked a grin. Peter continued with a smile on his face. ''That's when we will move in with Mysterio,''

''Kids, listen to me,'' Beck told them with a serious voice.

''The best hope you have, the only hope is to stop it here and now, no matter the cost, maneuver it away from civilians if you can, but most importanly, keep it away from metal, if it gets too big, it'll be able to draw power from the Earth's core, after that, there's no way to stop it,'' There was a long pause, and the only sound in the room was the crackling fire.

Peter inhales deeply and turns back at Beck as he remembered Alex's words from earlier. ''Hey, our friends are here, and I can't help ut think we're putting them in danger-''

''You worry about us hurting your friends?'' Fury demands so harshly that it makes all three of their heads snap up to look at him. He stands up and walks towards Peter with a glare that Peter's heart began to beat rapidly. ''You, Parker, who ordered a drone strike on your own school tour bus? Stark gave you a multi-billion dollar AI tactical intelligence system, and the first thing you do with it is to try blow up your friends! It's clear to me that you were not ready for this,''