Chapter 29

Ali Krieger POV

It's weird how Ash just gave out our address like that. We like to keep everything private. Things get weirder when Jake mentions his father and Cam looks like she's seen a ghost. Everything seems sketchy.

"Your his son?" Cam says disgustingly.

"Mhmm." He says creeply. What is going on?

"Get out of the house before I call the cops." Cam stands up. I see fear in her eyes but her demeanor is intimidating.

Wait, she knows him?

"Now that's no way to talk to a guest, Cameron. Have some manners." He says pulling a gun from the back of his pants and placing it on the table. This isn't real. "Now have a seat and give me your phones so we can talk."

Me and Cameron do what we are told. I can see her shaking as she places her phone on the table. This poor girl really can't catch a break.

"Who is he?" I ask Cam.

"Yeah, tell her Cam." He says.

"He is the son of one of the men who murdered my family." Wow, I was not expecting that. "How long have you been stalking me for?"

"It wasn't easy trying to find you but then you started playing soccer at Stanford and your name popped up with ease, so I say a couple of years. You know your little boyfriend Sebastian, he helped me out. A little money goes a long way with international students. I hired him to get close to you. The shooting happened as I was following you and it seemed like a perfect way to enter your life.Then I was just waiting for the perfect opportunity. " All I see is evil in his eyes.

"Opportunity for what?" I question him.

"To finally have revenge on the kid that had my father arrested. He told me you survived that night. It's your fault he is there now."

"He deserves it." Cameron says with no remorse. Jake gets up from his seat and smacks her across the face. "Ha is that all you got." He slaps her again.

"Cameron, stop!" I yell at her. I see him getting angry and I don't want him to hurt her anymore.

"Oh you think you're so tough?" He says and picks up the gun and points it at me. "How about now?"

"Cameron breathe." I hear her breathing hitch a little as the gun is held up to me. As my attention was towards her, I see her fiddling with her wrist and that's when I notice she has her Apple watch on. She is trying to call for help without him noticing. I make eye contact with her and we have a silent conversation.

"Jake. What do you want? I have money or jewelry?" I ask just trying to have him focus on me.

"Those are all superficial things. Easily replaceable things. You know what's not replaceable, family." He spits out in anger. "I have been waiting to finally see the person who separated my dad from his family."

"He is a murderer!" Cameron exclaims. "He murdered my family, so consider us even and drop the gun Jake Rossi." I noticed Cameron give a slight nod over to me when he looked back at me, meaning she was able to call for help.

"In your dreams. Now I was thinking just to kill you, but killing Ali here seems like it'll kill you more." He is now in his thoughts.

"No! Kill me." Cameron says without hesitation.

"Well your answer just answered my question." He adjusts the gun so it's pointing to my head.

"You really don't need to do this, Jake." I try to coax him out of it, but I know deep down it's hopeless. He releases the safety and places his finger on the trigger.

"STOP JAKE!!!! Please don't do this." Cameron is now standing about two feet from me next to Jake yelling at him again. He shows no sign of stopping.

"Cameron, look at me. It's going to be okay. Just look away." I give her a pleading look hoping she listens once in her life. She doesn't. I then look back at Jake and notice a spark in his eyes.

"Change of plans." Jake says and puts the gun out towards Cameron to grab. "You're going to shoot her." He says to Cam.

"NO! Are you fucking out of your mind?" Cameron refuses.

"Just a little bit and do it before I shoot you." He pulls out another mini pistol and points it at Cam. "Take the gun." I nod to Cameron and she takes it.

"I'm not doing this." Cam says firmly.

"Well either you both die or you kill her. You have a minute to choose."

"Cameron. Cammy." I get her attention. I stand from my sitting position so me and Cam are on the same level. "I love you." I place a kiss on her forehead and kneel in front of her.

"Ali, I'm not killing you." She now has tears in her eyes as I look up from my kneeling position.

"It's the only choice." I say as tears fill up my eyes, but Cam still shakes her head.

I grab Cameron's hands that are holding the gun and guide it to my forehead.

"Listen, look away and squeeze the trigger. It's okay. I forgive you and I love you. Tell Kyle I love him and to not mourn me too long. Tell Ash that she will always be my wife forever and always. You made sure she was okay once, do it again when I'm gone." Tears start streaming down my face. I know this is it. There's no other way.

Then things happen in slow motion. I see Cameron adjust her gun on me so she's less shaky. I see her having a battle in her head and then she takes a deep breath staring at me in my eyes.

"I'm sorry." She says barely under a whisper as tears stream harder down her face.

I nod watching her finger find the trigger.