Chapter 56

Kelley O'Hara POV

I woke up a couple of minutes ago in a room that wasn't mine. I'm trying to remember the night but my massive headache is distracting me. I sit up in bed and look around. Sonnet is sleeping on the other bed, so that means I am in Cameron's bed. Why would I be-? Shit.

The night flashes across my eyes. I kissed her. Drunk me had the balls to actually make a move even though I know she needs space. I'm so stupid. I get out of bed and notice I'm in Cameron's clothes. Heading over to Sonnet's bed, I poke her.

"Sonny." I try to wake her up. "Sonnet?"

"Mmmmm." She hums without opening her eyes.

"Where's Cameron?" I ask. I need to apologize for my actions.

"Ali and Ash." Sonnet mumbles and turns over. Of course Cam went to them.

I'm so fucked. I think about my options. I can go and meet the wrath of Krashlyn, if Cameron decided to tell them what happened OR I just wait until breakfast. I weigh my options and I decide to make my way over to Ali and Ashlyn. I need to make sure Cam's okay after last night.

"Kelley." Ali opens the door. She looks exhausted.

"Good morning." I try to lighten the atmosphere. "Is Cameron in here? I need to talk to her."

Ali looks back as we stand in the doorway and shakes her head as she turns back to me. "She's sleeping. Now isn't a good time."

"Is she okay?" I ask knowing she's an early bird and usually awake by now.

"I don't know." Ali steps out of her room and closes the door behind us only keeping it slightly ajar. "What were you thinking?"

"I'm guessing she told you. Listen, I was drunk and I wasn't thinking. I came here to talk to her about it." I honestly say.

"She had a panic attack last night because of you. That's two you've caused. She was so emotionally distraught the entire night. She barely slept. You can't just do whatever you want with her Kel. She's been through a lot and she's still a kid, adding to her stress and messing with her mind doesn't help." I feel my heart break as Ali's words hit me.

"It wasn't my intention." I tear up and get angry at myself. "I just keep making stupid decisions when it comes to her. My mind just fogs and I can't think straight when it comes to her."

Ali gives me a sympathetic look. "You need to be her friend right now. Just friends because she really needs one. She's emotionally all over the place. She needs to focus and work on herself."

I nod knowing she's right again. "Can you tell her I came to check on her when she wakes up. And I'm sorry about the kiss. I shouldn't have."

"Of course." She gives me a weak smile and heads back to her room.

I headed back to my room and Mal thankfully opened up the door. I wash up and change before heading down to breakfast. I grab my usual breakfast and make my way to an empty table. It's still super early so there's only a few people in the room. I sit and focus on Ali's words. I need to stop thinking about myself and be there for Cameron. As I eat and think, I see someone take a seat next to me. I look at who it is when the unforgettable scent of her soap hits my nose.

"I'm sorry." Are the first words to leave my mouth.

She shakes her head. "You were drunk, things happen."

"But that's no excuse." I go against her words. "I shouldn't have, especially after we talked about just wanting to get back to our friendship first."

Cameron doesn't argue. "It definitely caught me by surprise, but I can't do anything more than a friendship with you Kelley. There's a lot going on in my mind."

I take a good look at her face and just see exhaustion and defeat across her face. I just added to her plate of problems.

"Let's pretend it didn't happen. I promise I'll give you space and time. I won't force anything onto you. We'll take things day by day. I just want to be there for you." I look and see relief in her eyes. "But I'm seriously sorry for hurting you and causing your emotions to be all over the place."

She nods her head and looks like she's about to say something, but refrains. She just picks up her banana and eats it. We sit in comfortable silence as people begin to flood the room. I'm actually so surprised she came to talk to me. She is growing mentally from when I first met her.

Cameron Santiago POV

I'm currently sitting at a coffee shop with Kelley. I asked her after training if she wouldn't mind joining me and she happily complied. I decided to use my words and not hold things in. Don't ask who this new Cameron is because I don't know and I don't know if it will last.

"I broke up with Adam in a letter today." I blurt.

"It's my fault isn't it." Kelley looks so guilty.

"A little bit but that's not really why. I'm so confused and I feel like I owe it to him to know the truth. He deserves someone who isn't emotionally all over the place. He has helped me grow so much but he deserves someone better than me. I told him if he finds someone, it's okay. I'll be happy for him. Same goes for you. I don't want to hold you back. I think if you find someone who isn't me, it's okay." I tell Kelley. "I'll be happy for you."

"I can wait for you. Take as much time as you need." I shake my head to her response.

"No Kels. I don't know how much time I need to work on myself. There could be someone right in front of you and I don't want to blind you from being in love with someone else in that time frame." I explain my thoughts.

"Who are you and what did you do with the old Cameron I know?" Kelley questions.

I chuckle. "The old Cameron decided to try something new."

"Is there anything in particular holding you back from being with me?" Kelley asks and I think back to the conversation with Ali from last night.

"Yeah, but I don't feel like having that conversation right now." I tell her.

"Will you tell me someday?" Her eyes hoping I say yes.

"I promise." I sip my tea knowing the day will come eventually. I think I'm developing feelings for Kelley but I push them away not wanting to think about it.