The week To Decide

Hermione

There was a soft breath on the back of my neck, soon followed by a heavy intake of air. There was an arm around my abdomen and I was sleeping on another arm.

Oh shit.

Last nights memories came flooding back to me. The nightmare, asking Charlie to stay with me, him staying. I have to say, he made me feel safe. Usually ill have another nightmare without my potion but I didnt. He was there, usually when I sleep beside people it doesnt matter. I guess Charlie is different from them.

"Charlie, wake up." I murmered and tried to wake him.

"Five more minutes." He said sleepily. I have to admit, it was quite cute.

"Charlie, come on, we are late for breakfast." His head snapped up quickly.

"Why didnt you just say so?" I giggled and he got out of my bed, giving me a hand to get up. He rushed out the door. "Mom! Why didnt you say brealfast was ready?"

Oh Weasley boys...

●●●●●

As the week went on Hermione found it harder and harder to decide. She did like Charlie. She did need to leave London. So why was it so hard for her to take Charlie up on his offer? She didnt know why. She was cunfused.

It was friday morning and Charlie was leaving on Sunday. She had three days to decide, including today.

There was a knock at her bedroom door and as she was walking over to the door to answer she didnt notice the loose floorboard and tripped over it, scraping her knees on the wooden floor. She winced in pain and stood shakily to her feet, walking to the door. I opened the door and there stood Charlie.

"Hey."

"Uh... hey. Whats up?" I asked tentatively.

"I was just wondering if you decided on going to Romania yet?" He looked down at his shoes shyly.

"Um Charlie, I dont think its the best idea that I go with you." He looked at me in dissapointment.

"Oh...okay, ill uh, see you around." He started to walk away from me.

"Charlie, im sorry." He turnes back to face me.

"Dont worry about it." He smiled at me, but his eyes said something completely different. He was dissapointed.

I ducked my head and closed my door, retreating back to the bed, the stinging in my knees returning from the momentary distraction. I didnt have any of my healing potions with me because they were back at my apartment, but Ronald was there.

I decided to check with Molly to see if she had any potions. I walked downstairs and went into the kitchen, knowing where I knew she would be.

"Molly!"

"Yes, Hermione dear."

"Do you have any potions? I scraped my knee when I tripped on a loose floorboard."

"Oh you poor girl. Im sorry, I dont have any." My heart dropped and I nodded.

"Alrighty, thats fine!" I smiled and went back upstairs, taking a shower and getting ready to return to my apartment. I went down the stairs and headed to the fireplace.

"Where are you going?" It was Charlie.

"I have to go to my apartment. I need my potions."

"Oh, why do you need potions?"

"I scraped my knees when I tripped on a loose floorboard, and I have been having my nightmares still."

"Why didnt you wake me up when you were having your nightmares? I must have slept through it."

"Oh, that... umm I put a silencing charm on my room." I looked down at my feet."

"Hermione, you shouldnt have done that."

"Charlie, not now please, im just gunna stop by at my apartment and ill be right back."

"Fine, but I wanna talk about this when you get back."

I nodded and turned around, grabbed a handful of floo powder, throwing it into the fire and flooing to my apartment. I immediately saw Ron and Lavender on the couch cuddled up together.

"Hello Ronald, Lavender." I spoke coldly.

"What are you doing here, whore?" Lavender drawled cruelly.

"Im here to get my potions."

"Hurry up then Hermione." Ronald said to me impatiently.

"Accio potions." My potions zoomed towards me, but as they were flying past the couple on the couch, Ronald snatched them out of the air. He smirked at me.

"Not so fast."

"Oh come on Ronald. Im not here to fight. I just came for my potions and then ill be leaving. They're expensive."

He smiled and dropped my potions to the floor, the bottles breaking and my potions spilling everywhere.

"Ron! What the fuck! I cant beleive you just did that! I need those!"

"Oh well, you can see yourself out now." I turned and went to the floo.

"Fuck you Ronald Weasley."

I flooed to the burrow and ran to the pond out the back. I climbed the tree that stood beside the pond and sat on one of the branches, crying.

I cant afford new potions and i cant afford to make new ones. I need those dreamless sleep potions.

"Hey, you alright?" Charlie came up to me and climbed the tree as well, sitting on the branch beside mine.

"Yeah im fine Charlie."

"What happened with Ron?"

"He broke my potions."

"What? Really?"

"Yeah and I cant afford new ones." Fresh tears started to fall.

"Hey, hey its okay, come on."

"Im fine Charlie. I just cant sleep without the dreamless sleep potions."

"Oh. Is there any other way?"

"Erm, yeah but you dont need to worry about that, its fine."

"What is it?"

"Its fine Charlie."

"Come on what is it?" He persisted.

"Um, you remember the night that Ron cheated on me?"

"Yes of course."

"When you came in and stayed with me... that helped, but you really dont have to. Its okay." His eyes widened in surprise.

"Its alright, I can do it, no problem."

"Are you sure?"

"Yes, of course."

●●●●●

That night I got ready for bed i was in an oversized sweater and comfortable shorts.

"Are you ready for bed?" Charlie came into the bathroom behind me.

"Yup!" I smiled at him nervously.

"Okay lets go."

He led me to his room and opened the door for me, allowing me to go first. Closing it behind him.

"Ever the gentleman Charlie." I teased him. He just smiled at me.

He lay in his bed and gestured for me to join him.