Chasing A Dragon

Hermione

It has been a few weeks since Mrs. Weasley has come to apologize to Charlie and I. We have gone to every Sunday dinner and we have started to train even harder around the reserve. We have practiced drills and spent time studying the dragons. Abby the Hungarian Horntail and I have made our bond even stronger. She still won't let anyone else near her, but I have made great progress with her. 

Right now, Charlie is in a meeting with a neighboring reserve, so I'm working with a few of the guys in the reserve today. All of the sudden a red siren comes on and a loud voice on the speakers.

"Abby the Hungarian Horntail has escaped her cage! All reserve workers search for her! I want team red on the ground and team blue up on the brooms!" Everyone started to take action, leaving their lunch on the cafe table. I'm on the blue team, so I rush into the emergency tent and grab a broom from the nearest closet, leaving everyone behind. I had gotten a lot more used to flying since training started. In training we do this in pairs. I'm partners with Charlie though, so I'm on my own.

I fly up into the air. There is a protective barrier so that the dragons can't get out and muggles can't get in or see inside. I look for Abby everywhere. I look in the hills, trees, almost everywhere. I had passed a few people, but they didn't seem to notice me alone. I was miles away from the reserve by now. 

In the distance about a mile away, I spotted Abby breathing out a sigh of relief. I sent a patronus to the blue team saying that a had found Abby. I approached her and was a mere 100 feet away. I called out to her and she watched me intently. When I got to twenty-five feet away from her she looked betrayed. I don't know what I did but I didn't have any time to think about it because a large flame erupted from her mouth and charged towards me. I ducked out of the way but failed to see that her tail was in the direction I was headed. Her tail hit my in the stomach and I was knocked of the broom. 

I screamed as I fell twenty feet to the ground. When I hit the ground all I saw was black.

When I woke up a few hours later, the sun was going down, it must be about 8 o'clock. I cried out when pain shot through my right leg and a few tears escaped. The broom had fallen beside me a few feet away, in splinters. I check for my wand only to find it in m back pocket, broken.

I tried my hardest to get up without putting any weight on my right leg. Once I finally managed to get up, I looked around for a strong branch to use as a crutch. I found one a few meters away and hobbled over to it. I looked around for a shelter type area for the night and found myself headed over to an overhang with a small stream near it.

When I reached the overhang, I realized it was a cave. I decided to risk it and started to gather dry things near me. I found quite a few sticks that would do for a few hours and used my army knife that I kept on me at all times since my time at the Malfoy Manor to start the fire. 

Charlie

Sometimes meetings could be so stupid sometimes. I didn't even really have to go and I hated leaving Hermione to do these things on her own. I was on my way back from the dreadful meeting when a patronus appeared in front of me. It was Jeremy.

"Charlie! Come quick! Hermione is missing!"

My heart suck into my stomach. Hermione was missing? I ran into the reserve and found Jeremy.

"Charlie! Thank god your here! Hermione sent out a patronus to let us know that she had found Abby, but when we got there she was gone, and only Abby remained." I nodded.

"Take me there." 

We flew up on the brooms and Jeremy led me to the sight that Hermione went missing. I searched the ground, calling out her name, but with no answer. After four hours of searching, Jeremy convinced me to go back and come out again tomorrow, but I failed to notice Hermione starting to stir and flew into the air, headed for the reserve.