Dinner With the Weasley Family

Hermione

After I returned to Romania things went back to normal, I finished my training and Charlie and I started to officially date. With my training, I quickly got a more toned body, for which I was glad, it was easier to do the chores that I needed to on the reserve. 

Charlie and I were sleeping in bed when I woke to a knocking sound on the window. Errol, the Weasley family owl was there, sitting on the window sill. I got up and let him in. He flew over to Charlie, pecking him on the forehead.

"Hermione, stop." He mumbled into his pillow. 

"Its not me, Charlie." He opened his eyes and gave a small yelp of surprise with Errol right in his face.

"Great Godric! Errol! You scared me!" His voice was laced with sleep. I giggled and his attention snapped to me. "Morning beautiful." 

"Morning." He grabbed the letter from Errol's beak. He read it and looked up to me. He handed me the letter and I read over it.

Charlie,

I know that your  upset about the way I acted when you were in the hospital. I'm sorry. I'd like it if you would join the family for dinner tonight. I won't take no for an answer, so you'd better be there.

Mum.

"Well you kind of have to go." I said to him when I finished reading it.

"Will you come with me?"

"Charlie I don't think that's such a good idea." He pouted at me. "Charlie, don't do that you know I can't resist."

He only pouted even more.

"Fine."

"Thanks babe, I owe you."

"Yes, you do."

When we got to the burrow, Charlie held my hand in his. Somehow, despite the fact that my hand is much smaller than his, it seemed to fit perfectly. We walked to the door and charlie knocked. Molly answered the door and smiled when she saw Charlie, but when her eyes drifted to me, her smile dispersed. 

"Hello Mrs. Weasley." I say kindly but she only looks at me in distaste.

"Charlie, what is she doing here?" Charlie smiled brightly.

"She is my date."

"Your date?"

"Yes, my date mother, now if you wouldn't mind letting us in, I know I'm hungry and I'm sure that Hermione is too."

"You can come in but I'm afraid that Hermione isn't welcome here."

"Then I guess I'll see you later, mother." I had tears in my eyes by now. It seems that Charlie noticed because he kept glancing at me, his eyes softening and then hardening when he turned back to look at his mother. He started to walk away, pulling me with him.

"Wait! Alright, come in." Charlie smiled and turned around, again, pulling me with him. We stepped into the house and I was welcomed by the warm smell of roasted chicken and potatoes. I excused myself to the bathroom and made my way to the second floor. Tears streamed down my face and I looked at myself in the mirror. My eyes were pink and my cheeks were blotchy. I washed my face and there was a knock at the door. 

"Hermione, its Charlie. Are you okay?"

"I'm fine Charlie, I'll be out in a minute." My voice came out hoarse, and I knew that Charlie knew that I wasn't okay. He magically unlocked the door, walked in and hugged me. He wiped my tears and then kissed my forehead. 

"Hermione, it's okay." I nodded and gave him a quick peck on the lips. I looked in the mirror and wiped the last of my tears before heading out of the bathroom, hand in hand with Charlie. We all sat down and had a pleasant dinner, Molly didn't speak a word to me. After dinner we has pumpkin pastries for dessert and when it was getting late Charlie and I decided to leave.

"Hermione, please don't come back here with Charlie." Molly said to me as we were leaving.

"Of course Mrs. Weasley."

"What? No! Hermione did nothing wrong! I chose to jump in front of her."

"She was still the reason that you were cursed in the first place!"

"I jumped in front of her because I love her!"

"Charlie! You fool! She is only a little crush!"

"SHE IS NOT JUST SOME CRUSH MOTHER!"

"Charlie! Don't you yell at me!" Charlie was breathing heavily and red in the face. I put my hand on his arm a to try to calm him down and his eyes darted to mine. His eyes softened. He turned and pulled me along with him. When we got out of the house, he apparated.