The Bar

Hermione

After the whole Abby thing, the guys at the dragon reserve really started to accept me. They introduced themselves, congratulating me and telling me that I'm a natural. We all went to a nearby bar, Charlie and Jeremy included. Charlie seemed to be very relieved when I exited Abby's enclosure. I cant tell if he was just happy that I had gotten through to Abby or if it was something more.

As I drank my firewhiskey, Jeremy came up to me.

"Hey Hermione, I just want to thank you for saving me from Abby, I should have seen those babies, and I definitely didn't deserve your help after my behavior last night. So, thank you, for saving my life."

"Jeremy, you deserved to be saved just as much as everyone on that reserve...and I wouldn't really call it saving, I'd say it was giving a friend a helping hand."

"Thank you. I should be off. I have night shift tonight."

"See you later, Jeremy." As he walked away, I smiled, my life had gone from  Ronald cheating on me, to seeing Charlie again and getting a job with him.

"What has you all smiling?" Charlie appeared to my left. "Firewhiskey please." He added to the bartender.

"Oh, just thinking about everything since your brother cheated on me." I replied honestly. He stared at me, a smile in his eyes. 

"What? Is there something on my face?"

"No, I was just thinking."

"Care to enlighten me?"

"Nah, you wouldn't want to know." I smiled and nodded. The bartender came back with Charlie's firewhiskey. He nodded to the man and said his thanks. 

"Shall we move to the booth?" He asked gesturing to the only unoccupied booth in the corner.

"Sure." As we headed over there, I stumbled a little. After only one stupid drink and I was already tipsy. Stupid lightweight! I thought to myself. I heard Charlie chuckle and he placed a steady hand around my waist.

"How many drinks have to had?"

"One." I scoffed and rolled my eyes.

"Don't worry, I think it's kinda cute." I blushed at his words. Curse my pale cheeks and surprisingly good lighting! 

"Well thank you." We sat at the booth and caught up on everything that went on in the last five years. It was nice talking to Charlie again, it made me forget about Ron and Lavender and all of the troubles I have had to face in the past. He made me feel safe. He made me feel at home. I had never felt that way with anyone before. Not even Ron. I felt different around Charlie, like I could be myself.

When we left the bar after a few more hours of talking and four more firewhiskeys, I was past tipsy, way past tipsy. I stumbled and would have fallen more than a few times if Charlie hadn't of been there, holding me up.

"Charlie, where are we going?" He chuckled.

"We are going to our apartment and I'm going to put you to bed." I nodded and as we stepped into our apartment I sucked in a breath, the sight in front of me sobered me up real fast. 

"Ron?"