28

The sun had completely diminished, replaced by a beckoning deep blue, outstretching its arms to embrace the incoming darkness. Ben watched as Chewie strode off the ramp of the Millennium Falcon. He told Ben he was off to dinner; he even offered for Ben to join him, but he politely declined. Genuinely, he wasn't that hungry--maybe his human-stomach just wasn't back in gear yet; after all, ghosts don't eat, and he hadn't eaten in weeks. Also because Wookiee's weren't enjoyable dinner guests; they were ravenous, nasty creatures at times. Ben recalled how Leia would throw a fit when Chewbacca turned dinner into an unappetizing muck at the way he would sort through the food, as if still an uncivilized, primitive animal, foraging for insects. Or maybe Wookiee's were uncivilized. Their hygiene was nonexistent, after all. Ben was always repulsed by Chewie's stifling smell, though he learned to overlook that; as humanly impossible as that was.

Now Ben was all alone, in the very ship that never felt lonely. He had woken up from the pleasant nap inside Han's cabin. It had been untouched for so long, it even felt stale--spiritless. But the moment Ben nestled into the bed of his father's faded, tattered sheets, and that horribly uneven mattress--the one Ben had received so many, roughhouse tickle fights on as a child--he swore to himself that he felt Han's spirit infiltrate his soul in a way that was inexplicable. It was tranquil, and beautiful, he had to admit. Overpoweringly nostalgic.
Now Ben was sitting at the holochess table--another nostalgic device he and Han spent hours a day playing together, constantly finding ways to outsmart one another--nestled into the unkept booth whose seams had seen better days.

Ben probed the Force, feeling its internal pulse. He was searching for Rey, and he could feel her near just then, sensing her approaching him. A bubble of relief burst inside his chest, permeating his soul. She was awake--she was walking, even. He could feel her emotions like they were his own--warm and close to his heart. The eagerness, the anticipation inside of her. Ben smiled. His eyes widened when footsteps reverberated from the metallic floors of the Falcon, sounding in his earshot. Rey had arrived.
"Ben," Rey called, as she made her way through the arched tunnels. Her voice was filled with surety. She could sense he was there just as fervently as he could her. Before Rey could call his name again, Ben was already beside her.

Rey's lips began to part in response, but Ben was quick; he effortlessly swept her into him. His lips crashed down passionately onto hers, his hands gently caressing her back. They were strong and stabilizing. Rey felt a rush of euphoria flow through her body in a stream of desire. Ben. He was all she ever yearned for, and he was here now. With her, touching her, kissing her madly.
Ben nuzzled his lips into the crook of Rey's neck, kissing tenderly, intaking her scent. She smelled soft, sweet. Like ripened fruit and succulent palms.
Rey felt her way underneath Ben's shirt, her curious hands gliding down the expanse of his back. Feeling his brawny muscles tense as his arms moved along Rey's body, fondling her.
All of Ben's aching desires to truly express his wholehearted intimacy to Rey were now pouring out in ardent amounts. It was hardly attainable to control his devotion to her.

"I knew you would be okay." Ben said in between his glorious collarbone kisses. Rey rolled her eyes in satisfaction. One thing was for sure: Ben was a magnificent kisser. She was so stunned, she almost lost the capability to speak.
"I'm so happy to see you, Ben." Rey finally said. "You were the first person who crossed my mind when I woke up. I had--" Rey stopped abruptly as Ben's lips hit a sweet spot between her collarbone and her chest--"I had to. . . Oh, Ben."
An involuntary moan snuck out of Rey's lips, stirring him on.
"Hm, I love. . ." Ben's breath hitched, his eyebrows creased together in a manner of sheer pleasure. Rey discovered his sweet spot, too. Those curious hands of hers. . .

Ben began to lower himself and Rey to the floor. In any other situation, laying down on that stiff floor was uncomfortable. But in this instance, the two of them had not one care regarding it. Anywhere was comfortable in Ben's arms.
Ben pulled another maneuver on Rey, swiftly lifting himself over her docile, desiring body. Their yearning lips connected again. Their kiss deepened. Tongues danced around tongues. It was all one huge burst of exhilaration Rey had craved immensely for all this time. And now, now it was really, tangibly happening. She squeezed her eyes closed, felt as Ben began inching downwards, his hands already exploring her thighs.
"If I'm taking this too quickly, please tell me--"
"No, you're not." Rey replied, breathless. Oh, how badly she thirsted for even a second--

"May I?" Ben inquired, tenderly. His hand was gently, gradually pulling away at Rey's pants, sliding them just far enough to expose her belly button.
Rey sucked in a breath. She could hear the blood thudding in her ears, she could feel the Force pulsating between their profound bond. She could hardly speak, hardly form a word, but somehow she choked out: "Yes."
Ben complied, pulling down, inch by inch, at her pants with serene haste--
Suddenly, he halted as a familiar presence came infiltrating his awareness in the Force. Booming, clumsy footsteps echoed, pressing on closer and closer until--

A Wookiee roared in great embarrassment, apologizing in loud cries.
"Chewie!" Rey shot up, face scorching with heat. Ben pushed himself up, retracted his hand from Rey's soft skin. Cleared his throat.
"Che--"
Chewie cut him off with another bellow, turning away his animal eyes in mortification. In both of his fur-coated hands, he held plates stuffed with what Rey presumed was the dinner Finn had babbled on about. No doubt he sent Chewie with plates for the both of them. Of course Finn would've done that. Rey should've known.
Ben looked to Rey, his searing face mirroring hers, then glanced back at Chewie.
"Thank you for. . . dinner."