one.

278 A.C

"You can't catch me Rhaegar!"

SMALL GIGGLES could be heard within the corridors in the Red keep. The light tapping of shoes quickly brightened up the mood for every handmaidens inside the court. Aelinor could hear the slight chuckles of the handmaidens.

It was always a wonder to the high lords and ladies to why the small princess cared so much about the small folk and someone lower than herself. She was known as the queen of the people to the small folk in flea bottom. She mostly spends her time outside of the Red Keep with some of the Kings guard by her side.

In a matter of seconds she felt strong hands grabbing her arms and pulling her up in circles in the air.

"I would've thought you to run faster than that, Aelinor." Rhaegar grins at his sister's pouting face.

"You know, one day it is you who will try and keep up with me." Aelinor jests, placing both her hands on her hips, attempting to taunt Rhaegar.

Daily, the servants in the Red Keep woke up to hearing little laughs outside their chambers, easily brightening up their mood. Everyone knows that the princess is a kindhearted and loving girl, so different from her father.

She would sometimes help the servents out with their easy tasks. She would go and give some money to the poor, she would even go to many orphanages and talk to the children there. She knew her father would have her head if he found her helping the servants.

Well, not really. But she reckoned it might not be a good punishment. She would always have be accompanied by some of the Kings guard. Aelinor supposed she understood it, despite her being loved by the small folk there could be someone who just would be waiting to hurt the princess of the seven kingdoms.

"Funny." Rhaegar replied back with an amused look on his face.

Rhaegar loved his sister and he knew people loved his sister as well. Rhaegar had sworn to himself all these years that he would not grow any sort of feelings towards his sister. But gods, those eyes will be the death of him.

Aelinor was stunningly beautiful—almost scarily beautiful at that. She had the typical Targaryen traits, fair skin, silver hair with some hints of gold. Her eyes were purple, but compared to Rhaegar he could almost say they were grey if you looked hard enough.

As they were amusing eachother by playing in the gardens throwing grass at eachother, they didn't notice a member of the Kings guard— Ser Arthur Dayne walking towards them.

Arthur Dayne was handsome— one of the most attractive men in Westrose, and he had the Dayne indigo eyes that comes in the Dayne family. He also had a sister named Ashara Dayne who was also considerd to be one of the most beautiful women in Westeros— though she had no chance compared to Aelinor, yet still very desired.

"Pardon me, your Graces. But the king wishes to speak with you in his solar, Princess Aelinor."

Aelinor was quick to get uneasy. Despite her being his daughter she still feared him. She was't dim witted, she knew what the people call him— the Mad King. She supposed that wasn't that much of a lie considering that the king liked to burn people alive with wildfire if they didn't do what he wished.

She quickly stood up, brushing away any grass still on her dress and biding a quick goodbye to her brother and head to meet her father.

She met with two of the Kings guard and she gave them a smile each before she knocked lightly on the door, waiting for the King to allow her to walk inside. With a small 'come in' she hurries inside with her short legs.

"You wanted a word with me, father?" She questioned, but was quickly silenced with a flick of his hand.

"Yes. Sit."

"You are nearly of age to marry, and I have been discussing betrothals for you with my council."

A sudden fear washed over her, thinking of those horrible gossip she had overheard from some servants in the hallways. Of how men would rape their wives, how they would silence them. She didn't wish to think this way, but she never had the best of ideas of an affectionate marriage after witnessing her parents' marriage.

"I have received a couple of proposals for your hand. Those petty lords think that their sons will match for a Targaryen princess?" He spat out, his eyes burning with fury. On moments like this, she wished she had Rhaegar beside her. He always knew how to calm her.

She just hoped whoever she would marry would be a good man she would grow to care for. She didn't even wish for love if that was it. She just didn't want a marriage ending up the same as her parents. She did not want to be her mother.

༻ ༒ ༺

I'M GOING TO TRY REWRIGHTING THIS BAD ASS WRITHING !!