Chapter 9

Chapter 9:" Bigger Picture"

◾Athena◾

I picked up my phone hesitantly while I gathered all of the things I had found.

I'd been looking through everything over and over. I still didn't know what was happening.

What stuff had my parents gotten into?

"Athena where the hell are you?!"

Oh shit!

"I'm in the city," I technically didn't lie.

"You left without anyone to keep you safe and you lied to security! Get your ass back here!" he yelled and hung up.

He was upset actually more like down right pissed at me.

I was just going to have to go with the flow.

I contemplated on telling Axel what I found. I could either tell him some irrelevant information about some weirdo calling me and risk him getting more upset that I could've been kidnapped or I could just not tell him and try to figure out what happened to my parents in the past that doesn't concern Axel.

I chose the latter.

I grabbed my things and rushed home.

It was a torturous drive home. I was scared of Axel's mood. I knew he was going to blow off of how unsafe I'm was being. I didn't want to upset him I just needed air. I needed to get out of that suffocating house. I wanted to be alone again. Only because I wanted to be independent just for a little while.

I love that Axel cares about me but I haven't experienced care and support in years. I had to get used to it again.

I needed time.

As I entered the gates my hands became moist and sweaty.

I got out of the car and wiped my hands on my clothes.

Time to face the consequences

"Athena!" he said harshly. Okay he was in a mood because of me.

"Were you out of your mind leaving like that? You could of been in serious danger! People are after you and knowing you weren't in this house and no one protecting you made me feel scared for the first time in a long time. I care about you but you're scared me shitless today. Please just don't do that again. I don't want you to feel trapped in this house but you have to be more careful, okay? " he finished with a frustrated sigh.

I was so selfish. Only caring about what I wanted. He only wanted to keep me safe and me running off like that wasn't helping anyone. I saw where he was coming from.

" I'm sorry I just needed air. I swear I just left to eat something and walked around a little," I apologised and hugged him.

" Next time take someone with you,please," he hugged me back.

I let go and looked up at him. He was too perfect. I didn't deserve him.

He was so quick to help me and move in with him and keep me safe. He was a kind person even though some may call him heartless. He has a heart that only the people he cares about gets to experience the real him.

I didn't deserve him but I was too selfish to let him go.

" Come on, I was just about to see Simon again," he said and walked me to the basement.

"Has he said anything else since this morning?" I asked.

" No, but maybe he'll talk if you're there?" he suggested.