Chapter 11

Chapter 11:"Innocent liar"

Athena ◾

My grandfather is the Italian Mafia leader.

My dad married an american then few days after they were forced out of Italy.

Simon said he wanted me safe but the mafia his working for wants me.

I still don't know what mafia wants me.

And I don't know who keeps calling me. They wanted me to find out about my grandfather.

"Athena?"

"Athena,"

"Athena!"

I broke out of my thoughts and looked up at Hunter.

"Yes?" I said.

"We have to tell Axel," he demanded.

"No! We can't. He has alot on his plate right now and this might not even be connected to what's happening," I explained.

"But-" he tried persuading.

"No, you have to promise not to say. Its between us, our little investigation to find out what's really going on," I said.

"Can you tell me specifically what went down when the Italian mafia turned against this mafia?" I asked.

"Well I mean Axel's dad and your grandfather were really close actually. They were like the most feared and brave leaders. On one of the most important missions, we were ambushed by the russions, turns out the russions were teamed up with the Italians secretly. Axel's dad was going to stop your grandfather until he was shot by one of the other mafia members. Mind you they were ordered to kill Axel's dad by your grandfather," he explained.

" So that means..., " I tried coming up with a theory.

" It means nothing, I have no idea how you're coming into this. I'm pretty sure the Italian mafia doesn't want anything to do with you because your father left. This must be some other mafia," he said.

" Okay but why would they so suddenly turn on Axel's dad? " I questioned.

" The Italians are way more feared than the russions. What most of us assumed was that they got tired of sharing the spoils and decided to team up with someone below them so they could get more supplies. The Italians and Americans were equally feared. My guess is the Italians were power hungry, " he finished.

" But you said they were close, Axel's dad and my grandfather, " I said.

"Humanity is greedy. They get the finger but want the whole hand. Power can easily make someone more successful, so maybe that's what the Italians wanted. What your grandfather wanted," he answered.

I sighed. Maybe that's why my dad married mom. He wanted to leave but his the heir to the Italians they wouldn't let him ago unless they had to get rid of him.

It's a theory but maybe I'm on to something.

"Okay but why get rid of Axel's dad? What good was that?" I asked.

"Axel's dad was feared, maybe your grandfather was afraid that he could be defeated by someone and so he killed him," he answered.

"This is alot to ta-" I was cut off by someone trying to open the door.