Chapter 10

Chapter 10:" Trying is the first step to failure"

Athena◾

It was quiet.

It was like nothing major or life changing was about to happen.

It's been two weeks and nothing.

I've been training everyday with the gang and becoming stronger. I exercised every morning, went on early morning runs and dieted now that my eating is normal.

I looked normal, but my mind still traumatised.

The one thing I was worried about was Axel. He barely speaks to me.

Axel has been in and out of the mansion. He works all day, he never leaves his office unless using the bathroom and leaving again.

He doesn't even sleep... Or maybe he does. I don't know because when I go to bed his not there and when I wake his not there. He has been on edge and I have no fucking clue why that is. I shouldn't judge maybe his scared of whats coming.

Axel.. Scared?

Ok maybe not scared. Maybe stressed?

I know I'm not his girlfriend or anything but I would like to know why he is avoiding me.

He speaks to almost everyone when I see him but never with me.

I'm fed up really.

"Hey Athena?"

I looked up from my phone to see Julia.

Julia has been the best company. She's been teaching me alot about this mafia world and really just being an amazing friend.

"Hey what's up?" I replied.

"You presence has been requested," she said.

"By who?"

"The man down there," she pointed to the floor.

"The devil?"

"No dumbass, by Simon," she laughed.

" Oh"

I got off the very comfortable bed and made my way downstairs passing Axel on the way.

He didn't look up once from the paperwork in his hand.

Is that's how he'll be then fine, that's how I'll be.

I kept my chin up acting like he didn't exist and went down to the basement.

"You called?" I stood in front of Simon.

"You need to get out of her Athena. It's not safe," he spoke in a scared manner.

"Simon you told me this like a gazillion times," I sighed, ready to leave again.

"Athena, I'm serious. Things are going to go down soon and we need you alive," Simon warned.

"You've told me this for two weeks and nothing has happened. Now I don't know what sick game your playing but I'm not stupid," I said.