Chapter 22

Athena's dress for the ball ^_^

Chapter 22: "The whole point of undercover is not to be recognised"

Athena ◾

Connor and I sat silently on the drive home. It took us hours to get to the mafia and now hours to get back. It was almost the middle of the night and I still hadn't said anything. Connor gave me a long ass speach about putting personal feelings aside on a mission. It made no sense because everything we're doing is personal to me and some to everyone else. I apologised obviously, being the person that I am and he forgave me. He said he wouldn't tell Axel because then I wouldn't be able to go on missions. Axel would think I'm too irresponsible to handle anything. Connor atleast understands that I haven't been on many missions and that we're all human who makes mistakes.

We parked the car in front of the house but neither of us got out. Connor turned towards me and spoke.

"We tell Axel nothing of you speaking to Francesco. He'll throw a fit, so all we do is tell him the relevant information. Which is," he trailed off for me to answer. I sighed but replied anyways.

"One, we snuck in as mafia members. Two, we found out it was a shipment with their russion alliances and three, there's the annual ball I'm attending,"i answered. Connor nodded and we left the car.

When we entered everyone was stood around the kitchen area. They looked up and Julia rushed to hug us.

" God, we thought something happened! "Julia exclaimed.

" What took you guys so long, "Hunter said as he and Harper made their way to hug us as well.

Connor looked at me and he began explaining from when we watched them leave the restaurant to the long ass drive to the shipments. He told them about us taking the guys out and pretending to be mafia members. Axel was tense when he heard this. He constantly looked my way probably trying to figure out if anything else happened. I tried to keep myself neutral so he wouldn't question me later.

"There's a ball I'm attending," I said once Connor finished.

"What ball?" Harper asked.

"Some anniversary of fifty generations," I said while grabbing a cup of water. Something you might not know about me is that I don't drink alcohol. My parents did enough of that to last all our life.

"You don't have to attend. We'll go undercover as security and servers," Axel said and started planning more.

"They know our faces," Andrew sighed.

"Does that mean we get to wear those full face masks? " Andrè asked.

Axel nodded but I had to go. I looked at Connor and he knew that too. He sighed and pointed at Axel so I could tell him.

"I have to attend the ball as a member,"I said and Axel faced me.

" Why, " he said blankly.

"Don't get all crazy okay?" Axel looked at Connor and I sternly as if waiting to start yelling.

"I met my grandfather," I started and Axel's neck vain started showing so I knew to continue,"he didn't know who I was. The only reason we met was because I was going to kill him before Connor and Elliot stopped me," I finished and he still looked upset.