Chapter 48

While Aurelius was tensed with worrisome news, celebration on the street of Florence was on it's peak and to say that Augustus was centre of attraction and precisely of ladies, wouldn't be wrong. The common women were in awe seeing their Prince Augustus's charismatic personality and though his face was covered, partial glimpse of his smiling lips was enough for them to gush over.

        A group of five young maiden  happened to stand beside him and a flustered look became prominent on their face when Augustus politely smiled through his armor. Their youthful looks glowed up with happiness at such a small gesture of him.

             Apart from their daily hectic schedule of working on the field and running household chores, it was a refreshment day for them. All of them were dressed in the best piece of cloth they could afford.In fact, they stitched their masks on own and expected to have few enterataing moments but never expected that they would get so lucky.

                        It was once in a lifetime opportunity for them to look at Prince so closely and they didn't want to let it go. After passing each other a look of agreement, they opened the string of their mask letting it fall down and bringing their full face on display.
Though they were trembling due to nervousness, their was excitement  which overtook their shy shade. They all had this unccany craving to watch Prince's mesmerizing naked face but the biggest question was how?

           The one who was wrapped in a light green flowy gown bit her lips and smirked a bit at her friends. Twirling her pearl necklace which she bought from a low-key market, she took few steps closer to Augustus.

    After bowing down a bit as a gesture of respect, she mustered up her courage and asked Augustus in a shivering tone, "Your high... Highness!
Would you give me an opportunity to dance? "

        Augustus, who still was in a daze was smiling randomly at people. After hearing a young feminine voice, he looked at the young lady who was biting her lips in anticipating. He glanced around to find four other girls with same flustered and nervous look. He smiled internally at their childness and being a gentleman that he was, protuted his hands out for the lady to hold it.

        Simultaneous surprised gasps flowed in the air seeing Prince agreeing to dance. Over enthusiastic young lady gripped his hand and took deep breaths to calm her wild heart. Smiling victoriously at her amicis (friends), she wheezed when Augustus placed his hand elegantly on her upper back.

      Minding to give the young maiden her personal space, Augustus moved his feet gracefully. Though the lady wasn't able to match his rhythm, Augustus didn't mind it all because for him, it wasn't anything romantic but a dance which made a girl happy.

       Despite of the fact that he was born with a silver spoon, he was well aware of hardships of common folk.
It was rare for them to forge about duties and have fun. He removed his golden metallic armor when the lady shyly asked him to.

             Ritha was watching the scene unfolding infront of her with unblinking gaze. Her nostrils flared in anger when her husband removed his helmet and danced with different young beautiful ladies.
' He's supposed to behave like a leader and all he's doing is enjoying himself with ladies.'

  Her jealousy was getting the best of her and her clenched jaws and red face was a giveaway of it.

Marcus who was standing beside Ritha snickered a bit seeing her anger but abruptly turned silent when Ritha's furious gaze landed on him. Justus who was in her mother's embrace also turned his head in his uncle's direction and warned him with his glares.

    Marcus's eyes slackened seeing his nephew's gestures. He cribbed, "little man! You're getting influenced by your mother and ignoring me, come here! " he extended his arms to hold him.

    Though Justus was a bit hesitant nonetheless, he went happily in his uncle's embrace and giggled into fists when he tickled his belly.

     Smiling a bit at the uncle - nephew duo,  she lazily looked around to avoid her 'dancing' husband infront of the castle but a young man dressed in white shirt and black breeches caught her attention. He was standing  with few other men who looked liked soldiers but she wasn't sure.

          It wasn't the man's age or dress which caught her attention. No! But the injury on his left shoulder which was hidden beneath his white shirt. It seemed that his wound wasn't addressed properly because few drops of blood had blotted his shirt and the man had an uneasy painful look on his face though he was trying his level best to pretend. He was wearing a black mask but his eyes were roaming around helplessly as if searching for something precious.

        Suddenly, her mind played an event or rather an incident of the day when arrow attack happened. She had clearly heard someone's scream and she didn't know why but her gut feeling was putting this man into her suspicioious frame.

      A smirk which was deprived of humour but filled of confidence found it's way on Ritha's lips because this time, ball was in her court and she was not letting this golden opportunity go on any cost.

     Everytime the culprit had escaped but this time, he was in direct range of the her and the hell was about to break loose.