Chapter 56

I updated though the target wasn't complete because few people who used to follow, unfollowed me (who cares) . 😂😂 I appreciate the fact that many new readers are voting on all the chapters 😊 ( above meme by theKiara)

💕     💕      💕     💕       💕      💕      💕

Clearing his throat at such an uninvited question, Marcus looked at Rithambara to weigh the seriousness of the matter and to his dismay, her eyes were seized on his face.

   Since it was afternoon now, sun rays were diverted from their original position. In order to seek the warmth in such an uncomfortable situation, Marcus moved his chair towards sunlight and once again cleared his throat. The only fragile sound dominating the room was Justus's soft snores.

     Though the question was void of any philosophy or difficulty, Marcus still didn't have any particular answers of it.

Since he couldn't come up with a fitting reply, he did the smartest thing he could and instead of answering her question, he threw a question back, " What makes you ask this? "

    Through Marcus's tensed body posture and a counter question, Rithambara was certain that this particular question had made him quite uncomfortable. Breaking the eye contact, she wetted her chapped lips and glanced at her son. Smiling faintly, she relaxed her face muscles in order to not make anything look suspicious.

Shrugging her shoulders as if it was a casual topic, she spoke , " just a thought which got me curious, therefore, I asked. I hope it is not an intrusive question. "

      It seemed as if wind was also interested in such a cryptic topic because they were swishing the white curtains harshly. Since it was a light sunny day, they weren't very cold or very hot. Just perfect sunny windy afternoon with tint of relaxation.

Though Rithambara's face was pale due to excessive blood loss, her eyes were shimmering with profound curiosity.

Caressing his index finger with his thumb, Marcus thought for a while to give a tactful answer.  Finally, he spoke which compelled Ritha's brows to rise,  " My mother was a kind hearted soul. "

   " Kind hearted? " the pitch of Ritha's voice was high and it was Marcus's turn to give her a questioning look. It was so unusual of Rithambara to speak in so unsophisticated way.

' Does she know anything? '

" Yes, your highness! And what made you give such enraged response? "

Realizing about her tone, Ritha shook her head , " I apologize for my tone but the adjective ' Kind hearted' didn't go with your mother's personality based on my husband's description. In addition of it, she tired killing Valentina. "

   A gasp eluded through Marcus's lips and he was stunned knowing the fact that Rithambara knew about everything. His heart thudded with high acceleration fearing about the extent she knew things. He never expected that Augustus would tell all the incidents which took place in the palace.

  At first, he tried to conceal those horrific incidents of palace but he couldn't! Not knowing what to speak further, his head dropped down when his mother's memories started haunting his mind. Being the youngest son, he was always showered with utmost love and care of her. Clenching his eyes shut, he spoke ever so slowly, just a mark higher than a whisper, " we are humans, we tend to commit mistake."

  Ritha's eyes widened at such a response. Giving Marcus a ridiculous expression, she scoffed at the word mistake. " Mistake? Don't you think Marcus that mistake is a very generous word to sum up what she did? What you call as a mistake was a failed conspiracy of killing Father followed by abusing Valentia mentally. "

  Not getting an answer from Marcus, she spoke in declaring voice, "Everything was intentional, planned but failed to execute sin. "

   Looking away furiously , Marcus prefered to keep his mouth shut.
What could he speak?  He didn't have a word to defend hid mother.  Absolutely nothing! But still, he tried.

" She might be going through something which compelled her to do what she did. "were the words he spoke after a thick pause.

" and what could be that something? "  Rithambara retorted back.

" How am I supposed to know that, your highness! "

  Seeing moistened eyes of Marcus, Rithambara got the idea that Marcus loved his mother to a point where he couldn't look pass it but still, she asked, " What makes you forgive herMarcus? She tried to kill your father. "

  As expected, Rithambara didn't  get any answer of this particular question. " Leave it, tell me, don't you want to become the king of Rome? "    

" umm... Umm.. " Marcus started stuttering at another unexpected question.
' What is she up to? '

Chuckling nervously in order to conceal his uneasiness, he spoke ,         " Augustus is the righteous Rex( king) of the throne and he is... "

  Cutting him in between, Ritha spoke, " let's keep the rules aside. Don't you thrive for the smell of power and authority? If not for rightful heir, would you want to become the king? "

  The sunrays, through which he wanted to seek the warmth, now started poking his already hot body. Gulping in huge amount of saliva, Marcus spoke hesitantly, " I... I'm more drawn towards arts and music. "

Testing the water, Rithambara added, " I can say this with certainty that your mother would have loved to see you in crown, if alive! " she stressed on the last two words.

  At this point, Marcus's white shirt was already drenched in sweat. He could feel numbness seeping in his body at Ritha's previous sentence. Wiping his forehead with his left hand, he struggled to keep anxious emotions in check but failed.

  Rithambara was watching every minute detail. From his uneasiness to his body movements, everything made her suspicious. At last, she smiled. A smile which hides many emotions. !she made an eye contact with him and spoke  " Your mother isn't dead Marcus. "

Wait, what? How did Rithambara came to know about this?

I hope that you liked the chapter.

Cliffhanger! Par Kya karun o ladies! Main hoon aadat Se majboor.😂😂

I hope that you guys are liking the story and it's not complicated. Kindly share your views.