Lean On Me

Peter's pov

I was dancing around in the music room waiting for Michelle. She asked for my help preparing for the talent show. She wanted to sing or dance, I don't know which.

That was a secret most people didn't know about Michelle. She was extremely talented, especially when it comes to singing and dancing. I caught her once and she sounded amazing. She asked for my help and eventually asked me to perform with her, but that was not happening. She's heard me sing and says I sound amazing, Ned said that too.

But I was too afraid.

Yes that's right. Spider-Man was afraid to sing in public. I was already teased enough at school, and I didn't want to be teased for my singing skills. I was not a good singer, despite what MJ and Ned said.

I only agreed to help her because no one else would be around to watch me....and I might have a small crush on her. But that's neither here nor there.

"Hey loser" I turned around to see Michelle walk in the teasing room dressed in workout gear

Both her and Ned had security passes, so they were allowed to come to the tower whenever I was here.

"Hey MJ. So have you decided what to do for the talent show?" I asked her as she placed her stuff down

"I want to dance. I was thinking of performing a dance to lean on me, but I just need to find a guy to sing it for me" She glares at me obviously still upset that I won't perform with her

"I told you I'm not that good and I don't want to embarrass myself" I told her for what seemed like the hundredth time

"I got it. So will you at least sing the song for me now? I just want to experiment with some moves right now and you're the only one who can play this song on the piano"

"Why can't Friday just play you the song? I don't even need to be the one singing"

"I want this performance to be emotional and natural. Besides this is a faster version than the one Friday would play, and it would really help me more if you would sing it"

I didn't really want to sing. I loved singing, honestly it made me feel amazing and happy. I was just too nervous because I don't think I'm any good.

"I guess"

She handed me a paper with the lyrics and I sat down on the piano bench. I messed around with the keys before I moved the microphone beside me. This was just practice, nothing else.

Tony's pov

"Hey Tony where is Peter? He should be here watching this with us?" Nat asked

The whole team was binge watching Stranger Things, well except for Peter. He was helping his crush with something.

"He is helping MJ with something. They are in the tower somewhere" I told them

"Really? We should totally spy on them. You don't know what they could be doing together....alone" Sam said looking over at Clint and smiling

"You shouldn't be intruding. They are probably just doing homework" Steve criticizes

"Well it won't hurt to check in on them. Maybe today could be the day that Peter tells MJ how he feels" I suggest

"Friday where is Peter?" Clint asked the A.I

"He is in the music room. It seems he is about to play a song on the piano"

"Friday shows us the security footage with audio" I tell her

If they were going to perform something, it was something I needed to see. Friday immediately played the security footage and I saw Peter sitting at the piano and MJ standing in the middle of the room stretching.