Field Trip

Peter pov

I used to love going on field trips. Well that was before getting bitten by a radioactive spider and nearly dying. So I guess not being allowed to go, won't be the worst thing.

My teacher informed me that I was not allowed on the field trip due to my many absences. Yeah.....well....I didn't want to go anyways. Stupid teacher.

Once I reached the tower, I rode up to the penthouse. I loved living at the tower. Since May was off in a remote country somewhere, I got to live at the tower with all the avengers. Calling Tony Stark dad was something that came so easy to me. The man was like a father to me.

"Hey Dad"

"Hey kid. So I just had an interesting call with your principal. You can't go on the field trip because of your absences? What kind of shit is that? Well who cares. You won't be missing out because no place is better than Stark Industries" I just rolled my eyes at his attempts to make me feel better

Yeah I loved it here, but I still wanted to go on the field trip.

"I know. It just sucks" I placed my bag down and grabbed a water bottle out of the fridge

"Tomorrow the whole family can hang out. That will make you feel better" He smiled and ruffled his hand through my hair

Yeah I guess it will. My family was great and everything, but they could also be overbearing. I just wanted to hang out in the lab and create more web fluid.

Once I finished talking with my dad, I ran up to my room and started on my homework. The field trip would probably be stupid anyways.

The next day.....

I decided to make some more web fluid just like I planned. I could easily do this in my dad's lab, but I wanted to be away from my family for once.

They were all trying to coddle me because they felt bad. Today was the stupid field trip that I was not allowed to go on, which was completely unfair. Bucky was baking and Clint was trying to play video games with me all day. All of this was happening while Nat showed me some combat moves and dad was trying to help me in the lab. It was all too much.

So I decided to go to the intern lab and work because I knew people wouldn't bother me down here. They mostly glanced at me while doing their work, or they whispered about me behind my back. Most of what they said were nice, but they were still too nervous to actually approach me.

I just put in my headphones and started listening to Billie Eilish. I mixed in my chemical solution and started testing the resistance, which was pretty easy for me. While I was working, I could hear a conversation coming from outside the lab. I took off my headphones only to hear the tour guide. They always brought tour groups around the labs, so I didn't think much of it.

"Why are you down here? I was looking for you" I heard Wanda ask as she wrapped her arms around my shoulders

I turned around and placed my hands on her waist. Wanda decided to pay me a visit, and I was very grateful for it.

"You all felt bad for me, and everyone was being extremely nice. I just wanted some quiet time. The other interns are too nervous to speak to me" I told her and she presses her head against my forehead and moved her arms to my neck

"Well you are technically their future boss and son of Tony Stark" She laughs

I realize that I was the future of the company, but they didn't need to act like I was a celebrity. No one knew my parentage yet, but that didn't stop them from making assumptions.

"Yeah I know. So you were looking for me?"

"Yeah I wanted to finish La La Land, but you are clearly too busy for me. So I should go" She pouted slightly