Chapter - 16 The visitor

She blinked at him. Surprised.
'No! Hell no!'
But her mind had already started displaying all sort of erotic images in her head.

He brought his face close to hers, their lips only half a centimetre apart when someone knocked at the door. He stopped and stood straight looking down at her from the arrogant length of his nose.
Earlier he had looked so murderous but now his pupils were looking dilated as if...

There was another knock and Liam finally moved forward to open the door. Eva heard a female voice. The very same voice with whose owner she had gossiped and had managed to land herself in this trouble.

"Yes, grandma." she heard him speaking. "Ok I am coming." And with that he left. Without giving a backward glance. The door closed and now she was alone in the room. It was then that she realised her heart was beating so hard as if she had just run a marathon and that too while sitting on the chair!

When her legs finally gained some strength she got up and walked out of the office. Quietly closing the door behind her she started to walk towards her cabin when she heard Alex calling her name.

"Eva!"

"Yes?" She asked still absent minded.

"What were you talking about with Liam's grandmother? I mean did she ask you some strange questions?"

'God! if only I had known this earlier I would never have uttered even a single word to her. Actually if I had known the son of this company's owner earlier then I would never have kissed him and ended up here on this floor putting myself in another trouble. Why the hell is it always me who doesn't know any damn thing!'

" Eva!"

"Huh...oh nothing. We talked nothing important. Why do you ask?"

"She was behaving strangely today. She was asking me about Liam's love life and well all sort of strange questions." Alex answered.

"Will Mr Richardson be coming back?" she asked.

"No, he will be a accompanying his grandmother today. He will be here tomorrow"

"What did you say?"

"Nothing. I'll just go and finish the work you gave me." With that she quickly walked to her small cabin.

She finished her work as fast as she possibly could so that she could quickly leave this building whose owner she had managed to offend today.

~~~~~~~~

She was sitting in the living room on her couch munching slowly on her sandwich.
"God! how did I manage to put myself in another trouble? First was the kiss and now this! This man is my bad luck." She sighed. "It's alright. I'll just quit before he get another opportunity to attack me. This way at least I'll be able to get out of this mess alive. Yeah, I should type my resignation letter now.

Just as she got up to head to her room for the laptop she heard the door bell ring.
"I don't think I ordered anything." Eva frowned. "Who can it be?"

The doorbell rang again.
"Ugghh.. who is this persistent annoying person!? I don't like opening the door to strangers." She muttered while peeping through the peephole.

"Alex!?"

"Eva, it's me. Open the door."

"What do I do? I don't want to open the door to anyone related to Liam Richardson!"

She took a deep breath and opened the door slowly. She had opened the door only a little as was enough to pass a cricket ball through that little space. From that little space she looked out and asked,"Mr Alex, what brings you here?" Her voice going to an abrupt halt as she found a menacing Liam at her doorstep.

"Open it while we are still asking nicely."

Liam was looking nothing less than a grim reaper. A grim reaper who had come for her.

Few minutes later they were sitting in her living room. Liam and Eva were sitting opposite to each other. The only barrier between them was a small table. While Alex occupied a chair in the middle.

Liam was looking angry. His blue green eyes fuming. She could feel the anger oozing from his body directed at her!

She looked down at her hands in her lap which were now damp. She was feeling like a child who had done something terribly wrong and was about to be scolded. Or worst she actually felt like a criminal who was going to be sentenced death for a grave crime.

'Crap! I should have slammed the door shut and should have threatened him with the cops.'

Then she realised what she was wearing. Her old and faded hoodie and black pyjamas which had little kitty patterns on it while the two handsome men in this living room were wearing way too representable attires at the moment.

'Damn them! they should have let me know if they were coming. Why did I wear this today of all the days!?'

5 minutes had passed and no one had uttered even a single word.

"Guys, are we just going to sit like this?" Finally Alex said something to ease the growing nervousness in the room.
Both of them looked at Alex.

"Go and wait in the car. I'll be there in a few minutes." said Liam to Alex.

"Are you sure you will be done in a few minutes?" asked Alex cheekily making Eva frown as to what he actually meant.

"Alex, don't make me repeat it." said Liam in a grim voice which made Eva squirm in her seat.

"Ok ok. I am leaving." he got up quickly and walked towards the door,"But be quick. Ok?"
He winked at Liam before finally closing the door behind him.

Now Eva and Liam were alone and there was pin drop silence.

What do you think will happen next?🤔