Chapter - 36 The Threat!!

"What will you tell me?" Eva heard a soft female voice that belonged to Louisa.

"Were you talking about me...?" her voice trailed off as she saw Eva sitting beside Liam.

Grandmother was quick to interrupt.
"Come Louisa,take a seat."

Louisa sat beside the old lady. Now that Eva was looking at her again she was feeling even more guilty to break the heart of such a beautiful woman. She didn't want to be the reason of anyone's heart break.

"Louisa." Eva heard Liam speaking. ''I can't marry you."

"It's alright, Liam. Take your time there is no hurry to answer."said Louisa.

"I think I should make it more clear." Liam continued,"I can't marry you because I am in a relationship with Miss Rose."

Louisa looked at Eva and after a minute's pause said," I think I have seen you somewhere..."

'Oh yes, I'm his secretary's assistant and at the moment his partner in crime.'

"Eva works as Alex's assistant." Grandmother supplied.

"And I was wondering who the only girl at Liam's floor was. No wonder you are given special treatment." she placed hand on top of Eva's on the table and said,"It's alright if you guys like each other I have no problem."

Eva could see the woman in front of her smiling, could hear her soft words of agreement about their relationship then why was she feeling uneasy? Shaking all the doubts about Louisa Eva just smiled at her. She was helpless in this situation. If Liam doesn't like this hot and sexy woman who is so rich and beautiful then she had no idea what kind of woman he fascinated.

They ate their dinner in silence. The silence that was occasionally broken by Liam and his grandmother. Eva had no idea what they were talking about. She would just smile at them in between so that it may seem she was interested in their conversation. Once in a while her eyes would meet Louisa's who looked calm... very calm. Eva had lost her appetite. Her brain felt numb. She was just stuffing and chewing on the food but could not feel it's taste.

Finally the tiring dinner came to an end. Liam gave a generous tip to the waiter and helped his grandmother out. Grandmother and Liam were still talking while walking in front and Louisa and Eva quietly followed behind. Who knew the cold and arrogant Liam Richardson was so soft to his grandmother, Eva smiled looking at them.

Just then a hand tapped on her shoulder and she turned around to find Louisa standing just behind her. She had a smile on her face that was anything but genuine. "Evangeline Rose. Right?"

Eva nodded, a little shocked at her change of tone.

" I don't know what trick you have played but I am not going to quit so easily. Even if you have slept with him by the end of the day he will still be mine. So don't think you have hit a jackpot." she said and headed towards her car. Before leaving she looked at Eva and gave a smile that looked like a declaration of a war.

Eva just stood there. Her feet froze to the ground. She couldn't believe her ears. 'Did that actually happen? Or was it just my imagination? Did I just received a threat from the heiress of a million dollars company? Eva questioned herself repeatedly. God! What kind of situation had she gotten herself into? She felt someone's hand on her shoulder and that made her almost jump out of her skin.

"What happened? Are you alright?" It was Liam. He looked concerned but was he was? Or was his concern just as fake as their relationship, she wondered. He was using her as some sort of shield to protect himself from the advances of unwanted women.