Chapter - 37 Lunch fiasco

'Should I tell him about the threat Louisa gave me?' Eva wondered. But she wasn't sure how he would react so she decided to tell him later.

"The dinner was a bit uncomfortable. I mean your grandmother with whom I had gossiped and then the girl who was supposed to be your fiance-"

"Ok, leave it." Liam interrupted taking her hand in his he rubbed gently on her palm.
"Do you want me to take you to a restaurant? So that you can eat if you are still hungry."

"No. I am full." Eva quickly replied. The threat that she had received minutes ago was making her want to throw up. She just wanted to be in the safe confines of her room at the moment.

"Alright, then. I'll drop you to your apartment." Liam told the driver address of her apartment. The journey to her apartment for short. As they reached there Liam helped Eva out of the car and asked,"Are you sure you don't want me to come up with you?"

"Why would I want you to come up with me?" Eva asked looking slightly confused.

"Am I not your boyfriend?" he asked with a wolfish grin.

"Mr Richardson, I'm tired. Good night." Eva laughed.

He gave her a quick kiss on her cheek and ignoring the shocked expression on her face he headed towards his car but then he turned around and said,"Go inside now."

Smiling she headed into the building. The cold feeling of threat was now replaced by warmth.

She was lying on her bed thinking about the past few hours that had upgraded her from position of a mere assistant to New York's most eligible bachelor Liam Richardson's girlfriend.

"Fake girlfriend." she corrected herself.

She had come to the realisation that she had started to like him but now was the time to let the logic in and emotions out because if not then she knew she would end up with a broken heart.

"No. I am going to avoid him. I can't fall for him. I don't want to love someone who can't reciprocate my feelings." With her mind made she went to sleep.

***

Next day while entering the office building someone tapped on Eva's shoulder. She turned around and found a smiling Mark standing in front of her.

"What are you doing here?'' Eva asked looking surprised.

" I missed you so I decided to pay you a visit." Mark grinned as Eva laughed.

"Stop kidding."

"Do you remember I told you that I work for in advertisement company?" Eva nodded and Mark continued,"So, I am hired to work here to make Liam Richardson's hotels a bit more famous."

Amelia came from behind and putting one arm around Mark's shoulder and the other around Eva's she said,"And since my cousin is here that calls for a celebration."

"Yes, of course." Eva smiled.

"So Eva you have to come for his welcome party."

"Alright, I'll be there. But when and where?"

"Our usual spot, the café. Since everyone is busy this celebration will be small but we can hold a bigger celebration later on."

" OK I will be there." Eva promised.

They all ascended to their respective floors. As Eva reached the 50th floor she entered her small cabin and started the computer.

She was glad that Liam's schedule for the day was full of meetings. He had one meeting after the other. She had decided to lessen her contact with Liam.
''The less I see him, the less I will think of him and the lesser will be my chances of falling for him.'' she smiled ruefully because she knew that now she needed to leave. Leave his world before entering it.